Random Photo Thread

I've gotta be honest the V8's havent excited me as much as they used to. It got really stale, same old.

However I watch the BTC and I'm on the edge of my seat yelling at the TV.

This can only be a good thing. Just need a V8 camry in there like NASCAR.

Members dont see this ad

I don't know what difference that will make from next year. They'll all be the same tube frame chassis with panels slapped over the top.

Sounds a lot like nascar with a rwd v8 camry. The closest thing to a rwd camry would be the all-trac camry.

Wouldn't the btcc be the same thing, a tube frame chassis for strength, safety, yadda yadda and leave the driven wheels up to the manufacturer ?

I've heard conflicting stories on Mercedes of if their coming into the mix or not.

Mercedes/AMG aren't officially entering a factory team like Nissan are, it's being handled by a third-party team (Erebus Motorsport, who run SLSs in the GT Championship) with next-to-no factory support

Don't quote me on this but I think btcc is on Tube front and rear end.

btcc is supposed to be "closely related" to the road cars ei look similar, some drive wheels etc

BTCC is in the middle of a transistion between Super2000 spec and a Next-Gen Touring Car, both of which are based on road cars (S2000 moreso) but the NGTC has more standardisation in the bodywork (fixed chassis width for instance) and drivetrain.

V8's aren't exciting at all.

I still watch old Bathurst re-runs from the 70's/80's.

Back then Bathurst was actually good. You had Torana's getting smashed through corners by mini's. Now they're all the same car with a few different lights and some different paint.

Even early 90's you had the r32's and ma70's etc all in one race.