Random Photo Thread

Members dont see this ad

That's the reason I haven't put my fixed back in a car yet.. you can't drive on the road with them! You can't headcheck or anything..

Especially with a harness. My mate in his r31 looks like a retard trying to get stuff from the drive through in a fixed back and harness. It takes like 10 minutes to get the harness off. Pointless considering its only been on the track once

Edited by Jono.C

I personally love fixed backs, Yes they can suck when dailying but if you choose the right one for you you can get by fine aslong as you don't have a 4/6 point.

The difference it makes with spirited driving far out ways the negatives.

In my opinion.

Also I'm pretty sure harness are illegal for road use THEY suck for dailying can't move at all. Can't do anything but hold the steering wheel.

Nope, not at all..

I don't know whether they're cheap ones or what but.. supposedly they're a stronger buckle than most so if you roll it, it won't break or something.. but you have to un-do each part individually.. and they're mega stubborn. You have to sorta push the buckle in a little bit to get it out, and it just ends up like when retractables lock on hills

Edited by Jono.C

They're designed for fast egress so you don't burn alive trying to get the ʞ©$ɟing thing off. If it's a proper, FIA certified harness then it should be a piece of cake to get out of it. Most of the high end belts have a rotary cam buckle, when you turn it all of the belts pop off at the same time with almost zero force required.

Of course its probably sensible to keep a belt cutter within reach in case the buckle is damaged.

every harness Ive ever used have been a single action to undo, even the old style ones are a flip-lever that just links the other 4 points together

Are you sure your friend just doest have old seatbelts strung in various directions that he ties together in a big knot? That I can understand taking a while! :D