[Ke20Xx]...Mark'S Ke20

HIGH ROLLER

Members dont see this ad
i think what people are trying to say is that if you set your mark really high, it may never get on the road. you know it will probably end up cost over $15000 right?

yeah I'm looking at around that number just to get it on the road...

thats motor, box, diff, fully running and engineered with brakes and suspension...

all part of the master plan..

What do you mean it may never get on the road?

do u mean i'll not finish the project, or it won't get engineered?

stay positive boys, that's all i ask...positivity and knowledge, that's all anyone needs to finish a project..

cheers

big projects take lots of time, and gennerally run overbudget, and it's very easy to lose motivation.

having good financial backing helps as you can buy products pre fabricated, eg an engine. and can simply pay to have things done, cage installed, seem weld, suspension installed, wiring, etc... basically throw money at the problem and it goes away.

without solid financials, where you have to do all the work it takes longer, and will drag on, if you've ogt a shed it's easy to throw a cover over it and simply forget. That's why people are saying use a stoko GZE, some GTR injectors, strap on a T28 and have some fun. There's 170RWkW's to be found reasonable easily. learn how the car behaves to large increases in power, learn how to drive such a small car with lots of power. the short wheels base make cornering difficult.

Cheers

Jordan

let this be a lesson here

Edited by Jordan

big projects take lots of time, and gennerally run overbudget, and it's very easy to lose motivation.

having good financial backing helps as you can buy products pre fabricated, eg an engine. and can simply pay to have things done, cage installed, seem weld, suspension installed, wiring, etc... basically throw money at the problem and it goes away.

without solid financials, where you have to do all the work it takes longer, and will drag on, if you've ogt a shed it's easy to throw a cover over it and simply forget. That's why people are saying use a stoko GZE, some GTR injectors, strap on a T28 and have some fun. There's 170RWkW's to be found reasonable easily. learn how the car behaves to large increases in power, learn how to drive such a small car with lots of power. the short wheels base make cornering difficult.

Cheers

Jordan

let this be a lesson here

i know what u mean jordan,

money takes away troubles (not all of them)...

it's tempting to go t28, and save some dollars and take the easy way out...

if i wanted to be like every other bloke, id go t28...

but time is not a concern for me, this project is what i want, and i will finish it...

sometimes i do throw the cover over it and forget it for a few weeks, when i have the shits...

people sayin it will never get finished just geez me up even more...

it will be so sweet to have it running...a goal worth waiting for...

thats a pity that ke20 is being sold...another discouraged enthusiast

oh well, it's back to the workshop for me...

thanks for the input..

KEEP ROLLIN! i know i will....

Please get a T28. There is a reason they are the common choice, because they work properly on a small 4 banger. If you use a bigger unit you will definately stand out, cause youll be the one at the back of the pack waiting to spool up. Seriously though, Ive been reading this thread for a while. Best of luck with your build, but please consider the things peple have suggested. How many 200+ hp 750kg cars have you owned? Are you really up to it? If you are, is your drivers license? Do you have the funds? If you can pull it off with under 3 weeks of turbo lag, I'll be very impressed.

:)

Please get a T28. There is a reason they are the common choice, because they work properly on a small 4 banger. If you use a bigger unit you will definately stand out, cause youll be the one at the back of the pack waiting to spool up. Seriously though, Ive been reading this thread for a while. Best of luck with your build, but please consider the things peple have suggested. How many 200+ hp 750kg cars have you owned? Are you really up to it? If you are, is your drivers license? Do you have the funds? If you can pull it off with under 3 weeks of turbo lag, I'll be very impressed.

:)

mate, have you used the gt3076R on a 4age before? i'm guessing not...

well a certain workshop in Sydney "Mick's Motorsport" has...

I have spoken at length with Mick about the use of that particular turbo and he's done much research and testing of the package...

He seams to think that it is perfectly suited to the 4age, for someone after a bit more then the t28 can offer...(upwards of 400hp)

to be totally honest with you, this will be the first sub-1000kg car with as much power that i have ever driven...

the lag on the gt3076r is not as bad as you think...3 weeks is a bit steep, because once my 0.0001 second of lag is over, i will be catching up, if not 3 carlengths infront of most..

I did consider using a t28 for about 6 months prior to buying my motor, until speaking to GCG and Mick's...

Nothing beats research and testing, which i'm assuming most of you have not done on the gt3076r with a 4age...

But others have (Mick's & GCG)...

The money needed to put into it isn't much more than if i wanted to do a t28 setup properly anyway...

Make no mistake, I am no daddy's boy living off handouts...so money is always a concern...

but money just means more time, and i can wait...

Please if you have actually done research and testing on the above mentioned combination, please post up...

BUT, if your words are those of criticism with no basis, keep them to yourself...

I will keep you posted on the rest of the build,

KEEP ROLLIN!

Mark M

Thanks for the support guys...

any work getting done to the motor i will post pics...

The motor will be going in around Jan/Feb '08...(After re-rego)

from now till then it will be saving and getting the rust done on the car...

Again, thanks for your support guys...I'll let you know all the nitty gritty as i go along...

Until next time, KEEP ROLLIN!

MarkM

Gday fellow rockers'n'rollas...

UPDATE!

Today i went to a top secret workshop to have the rust looked at, and quoted for welding.

The sum is looking good, so i'll be handing over the car in 2 weeks time.

After the rust is done, it will be over to a good mate, Joe(PIN08U) @ Auto Body Craft for the paint.

Will be hit with a flat(non-metallic) 2k paint, aside from the engine bay and boot.

Will keep it like that untill all the motor/driveline/tub/engineering work is done...probably 1-2 years or so...

then i'll decide on a bare metal colour.

So i'm off now to start taking the windows out and so forth...

will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Marky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

wow...what a weekend!

Me and my mate Adam got started on the teardown, FINALLY!

i couldnt beleive how much dirt there was in all the little nooks 'n' crannies...

Here are some pics:

Fist one is My ke & Adam's 4door 323(ca18det project)

post-3116-1188782409_thumb.jpg

post-3116-1188782477_thumb.jpg

post-3116-1188782530_thumb.jpg

post-3116-1188782653_thumb.jpg

Adam is ditchin his '77 5door 323, as he found a overrated 2door...with rego too...

This thing is an absolute burnout DEMON!

it just goes sideways anywhere....hahaha

here's a few snaps:

post-3116-1188782782_thumb.jpg

hopefully this APEC weekend, i'll finish off the stripping down...

then take it down for the rust...

KEEP ROLLIN'...

post-3116-1188782827_thumb.jpg

Edited by HIGH ROLLER

aah, stripping them down is so much fun. i had to get my mother to help pull the 3k out of my ke20 after i'd had 4 bulliet bourbons...then a switchboard upgrade at work the next day.

haha that's the way to work on a car, plastered and with the person who least wants your car in the driveway...

well, thats my mum anyway...haha

The motor's sort of on hold at the moment,

while i get the body sorted out...

I also got my Solex locks today...I have mixed feelings about them (Safer? or just a reason for theives to vandalise?)

but they look the part anyway...so we'll see what happens

Does anyone know where to get Crystal Headlights for a ke20?

saw them on my mates HG Holden...they look great...

cheers people