[Ke20Xx]...Mark'S Ke20

HIGH ROLLER

Members dont see this ad

If you'e looking at mini or full spools, just weld up the open centre, the result is the same.

Air lockers are good but expencive

Detrit lockers are odd, and engague very suddeny

clutch pack (stock, 1-way, 1.5 way and 2way) best these are made for the hilux off the shelf by TRD and others :evil: best solution

Torsen came in the jZA70, Lancia delta GT celica and others, very good design, never wears out

Cheers

jordan

• 3 weeks later...

QUICK UPDATE

OK just been saving and ringing around for quotes and ideas,

here's whats going to be G.O. with the diff:

-Locked Centre

-Shortened & matched to ke20 diff by Drive Trans

-Disk brake kit from Craft Diffs

Going on an AusRotary cruise tonight, get my power fix for the weekend...

KeeP RoLLiN!

Marky mark

• 2 months later...

i was reading and yeah

having a 450 capable engine running 250 hp is gona run rough as guts and sillie on the streets

with your turbo i think probably a good choise really 450 hp is good for dyno and drags ur gonna make max power like between like 4500 and 7000rpm so lag don't matter on dyno but maby an anti lag system when at the drags?? idear i don't kno ahahah

one of my mates has a 340rwks and its a PIG to drive under boost and stuped to drive on boost even one 8.5's,,,, 1st don't even bother :) 2nd 1/4 throttle = wheel spin 3rd don't foot it and 4th don't shift on boost or ur ass will be changing lanes

and thats on a standerd weight skyline

ur car is gonna be crazy man keep it goen

HAHA

thanks for the Gee-up guys...

Ran out of money after Chrissie (same old story), so things slowed down.

The diff is booked in for 18th of this month to get cut down, going 1" on each side shorter than the standard ke20...

then i'll put it on the car, convert drums to disks (kit/brackets from Craft Differentials)

THEN (hopefully around Easter) the car is off to HiTech Mods to have motor fitted, g'box xmember made and the rest....

My mates 323 is almost ready, 12aBP, just needs diff work and prop shaft and it's a goer!

Damn carbie rotaries are so easy...

ATM just saving as much as possible,

Thanks again for the inspirational words guys,

It's much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark M

Edited by HIGH ROLLER

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

Picking up the diff from KCDR Drive Trains tomorrow.

it's all finished and ready to bolt on.

Will be installing it pretty much straight away...

now i just need to find some wheels for it to roll around on...5 stud Hilux/Ford...

Cheers,

Mark M

• 2 weeks later...

hi mark

i like your aspirations.. something i can really relate too! :cool: i hope you get this beasty finished!

just some advice..

spend as little time and money on the 'daily' car, every distraction or expense is just going to extend the project... ie my ke25 4agte project has been sitting down behind all the other 'projects' for the last 7 years 8/ yet is what I'm most enthused to get completed!

As to setting up diffs and what turbo to run etc.. talk to people in the field of racing... head down to your local drag strip and check out what people are running... see for yourself which setup's are doing the times. talk to anyone running that particular turbo in a 4agte and get first hand experience on what you're getting yourself into. getting tips from forums is all well and good.. but often this info is regurgitated from other posts and by people who haven't done what they preach. (no offence to anyone here.. forums do have alot of experienced people too.. I'm just saying don't take everything you read as fact!).

also, quoting big power numbers and fast times is only going to attract criticism. you don't often hear good drag racers gloating out how fast they're going to go, until they've accomplished it. we've seen it all before (not that i know your age).. young guy gets dream car and either does too much to it that it never gets completed, (parts it out to recover costs or sells the lot) or writes the thing off coz they got too fast too quick. don't be too put off by the remarks.. the start of this thread seemed this way and everyone's jumped on the bandwagon to put things in perspective.

my rant aside.. it now looks like you've been doing your research and getting some good advice so keep it up!

The other day was talking to a friend that races a corolla (3tgt te71).. and one of the other teams campaigns a 4agte and interestingly said that theirs will run all day long at 350rwhp, above this they've been having problems with splitting bores.. but take into consideration that this is endurance track racing.. whereas the odd street sprint at 450rwhp is not so taxing on an engine.

here's some inspiration for ya.. some A series i've been keeping track of..

backyarder's ae82 20v 4agte.. haven't seen a full thread on it but come across engine pics and specs on toymods

theres a few vids on youtube like these

300+kw 4agte's mk2 cortina on toymods (need to register)

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13990

barry mannon aka bazda '0GRIP' 7agte 20v ae92 330fwkw! has run 10.88sec 1/4

cardomain blog http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131056

toyspeed blog (need to register) http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=59730

at the strip

around the race track

L0TOY ke30 4agte (his name evades me arg) running stock 4agze with t3/t4 of sorts and Link ecu.. has pulled 11.3's with supra box, hilux diff and slicks etc

youtube L0TOY ke30 running against 0GRIP ae92

matt dunn's 7agte 20v ke70

toyspeed blog (must register first) http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=59733

around the track

and this is just freakin cool.. something along the lines of my project

Edited by AE25

thanks heaps for the words mate,

Actually, since day one i've been in contact with drag racers, mechanics and the like who are all running or who have run similar setups.

I know...i get sick of these forums sometimes, some extremely valuable info from some, but also some complete idiots...

I love getting advice, it inspires me to change my ideas and setup plan...BUT i hate being told what to do (eg: "you should just go t25/28...even that will be too much power & will save you hassle").

like u said, advice is valuable if it's coming from people who KNOW (not think they know) what theyr talkin about.

the thing to remember is: I'm building this car for ME (it has to be unique)...and there are no rights & wrongs, only lessons to be learnt.

Now this doesn't mean i don't take advice, like i said i love it...just don't badmouth something without experience or proof.

Cheers,

Mark M

Update...

After much delay and being dicked around more than a trip to Brokeback Mountain, i am picking the diff up tommorow.

In the mean time i have managed to score a Hilux LSD centre for $200...

on the list for 2moro is also some new U-bolts and lower shock mount bolts.

will HOPEFULLY have some pics for you soon (It's been over a month at KCDR Drive Trains, when they initially told me ONE WEEK!)...

Cheers,

Mark M