Nissan Ca18/sr20 (det) Into Ke70..??

bullet79

hi guys, don't mean to bring the thread back to life yet again, but I'm trying to research info on mounting a CA18 into a KE70 corolla, just to keep my options open.

so far all i've got is:

use RB20 engine mounts on the existing KE70 crossmember

mock-fit the engine and gearbox to see how much needs to be cut out for the selector to move back, and cut it out accordingly

have the tailshaft shortened and balanced

use an AE71/AE86 diff, or a stock welded diff

questions for you:

does the T50 gearbox mate to a CA18DE, be it directly or using an adapter plate and some other sort of bell housing?

how does it go for clearance in relation to both the bonnet and firewall?

what costs would you roughly estimate for a conversion such as this?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they same to be the same box from whatr i saw when i just pulled a CA18DET box apart. Nissan pintara even looks the same (ca20). A proper det box has more ribbing on the outer case for some reason unsure as too way?

All i did when putting a ca in a mates ke70 and in my 35 coupe, Was

1.cut the standard enigine mount brackets off the cross memeber.,Used range rover v8 mounts to bolt them to the motor

2. LOweerd motor and box (as one unit) into the car and scribed (marked) where brackets needed to be cut to ensure motor sat in the correct location. Both height, Sided to sside and fron t to back.

3. cut brackets as required and tack welded on.

4. Mark shifter location and cut out

5. messure and make up gearbox cross memeber 30x30 (25x25 maybe?? can't remember) box and some flat bar.

Plenty of room for motor just remove standard fan and use a thermo.

Radiator wither get a bigger corona one standard ca one or have a three row core put in the ke70 one and get a switch for the thermo put in the bottom tank.

Use standard ca box and install a good clutch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slight dig :lolcry:

Just confirming here

The CA will bolt up using a ke70 crossmember with 4k mounts the only thing you need is rb20 engine mount rubbers or the rb20 engine mount brackets on the ca block? can someone confirm what brackets are used with which engine mount rubber.

cheers, Calvin

• 5 months later...