bullet79

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at least the ca18det is already rwd and turbo, heaps less stuffing around to do. i sometimes wish i'd put a ca18det in my ke20 instead of turboing the 4age.

lol i can assure it is still alot of fu#%ing around. i some times wish i had just built a spastic 5 or 7kte instead of going the ca. but i guess once its finished i'll be a very happy man. at least the 4age leaves a bit more room the ca is a tight fit. buy a ke20 and i can answer all your questions lol. with my car they appear to have scavenged a cross member off of something else i suspect its the s13 one cut and shut. if you use the 4ac crossmember that will make fabbing engine mounts easier as you wont have one with a strange angle and position. the drivers side on mine is hectic couldnt make it out of plate had to machine it from a solid piece of tool steel.

hmmmmmm the ca18 holds the most potential in my eyes......

theres always going to be stuffing around if it was easy everybody would have one and then it wouldnt be worth it............and i have a little nissan blood in me i can't deny it.

as to the question about gearbox mount. Simply dummy up the gearbox where it'll eventually sit and either:

a) Modify the standard mount

b) Make a new one

in eithe case you'll need a welder, and deffinitly an angle grinder or 14" drop saw.

Cheers

Jordan

Gear box is a piece of piss. All you need to do is bolt it to the motor hold it in place with a jack and get some 30x30 box and make a new cross member from that and some flat plat and use the standard Ca18 rubber gearbox mount. Is very straight forward once you get it up under rhe car you ll see excatly what is need also need to cut the shifter location further back

Above it refers how tight the ca18 is in the enigine bay. My '35 and my mates ke70 aren t that tight at all so don t be put off by that. I would be trying to get the motor to sit but as far as possable in the engine bay to help with handling etc. Also make sure the sump is level when fabricate you engine brackets.

Cheers Rob

Gear box is a piece of piss. All you need to do is bolt it to the motor hold it in place with a jack and get some 30x30 box and make a new cross member from that and some flat plat and use the standard Ca18 rubber gearbox mount. Is very straight forward once you get it up under rhe car you ll see excatly what is need also need to cut the shifter location further back

Above it refers how tight the ca18 is in the enigine bay. My '35 and my mates ke70 aren t that tight at all so don t be put off by that. I would be trying to get the motor to sit but as far as possable in the engine bay to help with handling etc. Also make sure the sump is level when fabricate you engine brackets.

Cheers Rob

cheers i figured that would be the case.........was hoping there was some miracle fix like the rb20 rubbers for the engine.

Nah i used datto ones which broke so now use round v8 range rover ones.

Just cut the standard mounting brackets of the cross memeber and bolt them to the motor with the above rubbers and lower the motor in to the engine bay and scribe the brackets where they need to be cut and re weld them to the cross memeber once you made them work. Its really easy