Project Ke25 - For Sale - See Pg 9

Tally

Ok just a quick update. This project is still alive peeps.

Sorting out brakes at the moment.

Picked up pair of brand new pistons and rebuild kits for my calipers.

Might grab a pair of KE30 calipers and rebuild them as my KE25 ones arent too good but ill see what I do.

Then once that is done still need to sort out a few things.

And here is the final "Getting It On The Road" TO DO LIST:

- Rebuild Brakes

- New Full 2" Exhaust

- New oil, plugs, leads, fuel filter

after these few things are done ill focus on the small bits...

Slowly but steadily is the way to go :bash:

p2405081406ql2.jpg

Cheers

Tally

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
argh just what I need... water in the oil = milkshake yum :lol: arghhhhhhhh

I'm guessing blown head gasket...

ive just about had it with this car...

Chin up mate. It is your first car and something you need to learn early.... patience. Need to lok closely at a few things. (I am not rolla savvy yet). I have run galants before and there is a gasket that sits on the inlet that if you don't put in right (out 180 degrees) will leak water into the inlet and straight into the motor... secondly you placed a "new" motor into the car what condition was it in? Take things one step at a time and do things with diagnostics otherwise it gets expensive really quick.

Cheers

Totally understand man, but thats exactly how ive been taking it. Its been a whole year, been through two engines and its still not 100%

Ok maybe I didnt look at the engines close enough before I bought them, but this is my first project and I am doing it ALL on my own as my friends and family have no time to help. To busy with their own cars you know what I mean.

Like come on. I never expected it to turn out this way.

Thats why its on eBay lol: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=260270844634

Ill see how I go.

Cheers

Tally

you've just had a 35 year old car thats all. you can't expect old engines sitting around and probably given to you to be ok, probably better of rebuilding one or doing an engine conversion to bring it out of the dark ages.

whoever buys it will probably do a motor swap and sort out the brakes within a week and be happy as larry.

Edited by Jono

Mate I would mate, but I just can't bare to spend any more money on the thing. I don't wanna risk doing another engine swap. Its cost me too much already.

Id rather get one thats already done.

price is reserved, so if I don't get what I want for it, it wont sell.

Edited by Tally

don't sell it dude. these little set backs happin with old cars. i understand its hard with very limited $ but maybe next time it comes to getting a new notor just buy one even if u not hear it running and tear it down and fully rebild it my 5k cost me $2000 all up and thats new everyting a lumpy cam and port/polish and head skimed, its only got extractors running into a standard exhaust and running a standard 4k carb but still smokes "v-tec"honda integras. that just my $0.02c.

but you have worked so hard on this so far and trust me once you got a rebuilt motor you will be in love with the car all over again :lol: .

good luch bud,

Brodie(reTRD)

WOW! your selling ? yes i agree very unfortunate and you wanted to buy my car a few times.

the trick with a restoration or modification is to stop messing around with the lil shiny bolt on bits and do the real stuff like acid bath car, sand blast and body repair, then complete engine over haul ect ect.

water in the oil will most likely require head weld then shave and a valve regrind gasket set, prolly se ya back 400 all up.

you could just park it for 6 months spray some fish oil around rust and edges and see how your finances go.

Totally understand man, but thats exactly how ive been taking it. Its been a whole year, been through two engines and its still not 100%

Ok maybe I didnt look at the engines close enough before I bought them, but this is my first project and I am doing it ALL on my own as my friends and family have no time to help. To busy with their own cars you know what I mean.

Like come on. I never expected it to turn out this way.

Thats why its on eBay lol: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=260270844634

Ill see how I go.

Cheers

Tally

Tally, please do not take this personally but seriously you are young. You need mentoring and direction. Unfortunately I am nto in SA so cannot help directly but if you take a hell of alot of pics and slow do things I am sure that us and yourself will have more than a good ability to direct you. I would recommend that we look at rebuilding your motor. Yes it can be done over the internet but it will take time. Do you still have the first motor? can you do a compression check on her first? then we can slowly pull the head. I have only ever built a 7M (which is a mates for his supra) but building engines is building engines. If the motor is not in bad shape then it might be just a clean up and head gasket issue. Just need to do diagnostics. I build stupid amounts of cars (for hobby not work) and seriously I can afford to do so because I do things on the cheap.... IE I work out what I require not just replace stuff. Need to read the motor. It concerns me that you have had this issue twice now, but lets move on...

How else are you expecting to a. learn and b. commute if you don't have a car??

Cheers

don't sell it.

my bottom end cost me around $400 so far bored out honed new bearings new pistons ect and the top end will cost me about another 300 just rebuild your motor that my say anywhay but i don't know what your wallet is like so i can't really say.

but you should keep it and just park it like Budowski said and wait a bit and get a money tin and save up like me

max

i agree with everyone else you will kick youself for doing it. i regret selling my ke20 coz it didnt go to plan but thats just how cars work and i realise that now and then when you start looking for another 1 they just can't be found or there way to far out of your price range. i reacon you should keep it but thats just my opinion the decision is up 2 you

james