Ke70Daves....Ke70

ke70dave

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they come up at exuberant prices...

i got mine a few years ago from littleredspirit for $100.

i think i saw some for $350 the other day....

btw I'm in QLD, so not sure what you refered to as "over there":P

T18's are rare enough up here, i bet they are almost non existent in Tasmania!

they come up at exuberant prices...

i got mine a few years ago from littleredspirit for $100.

i think i saw some for $350 the other day....

btw I'm in QLD, so not sure what you refered to as "over there":y:

T18's are rare enough up here, i bet they are almost non existent in Tasmania!

I have seen many T18s from tassy over the years on the forums, and one of my mates who moved up here from Tazington drove up in a rusty old t18 aswell. I reckon theres more of them in Tassie than QLD. :P

This thing is sick man!!! Nice looking 70.

cheers mate, you got a ke70 yourself?

small update on the fuel system upgrade. my intank pump turned up the other day. its tiny!!!! about the size of a matchbox car!! looks heaps bigger in the tech article...

anyway so i went wreckers hunting on friday and picked up a ke70 pickup thing for the tank, and a VL complete sender unit/pump mount thing. $55 for both, which i thought was a little steap but id just spent 45mins pulling a tank out of a ke70 in the heat, so i was buying it.....And far out the VL has a weird setup. i got my unit from a wagon, and it went in on the side of the tank and sorta curled over...hard to explain. its interesting how bad the build quality on the underside of the VL appears to be. the trailing arms look like they are made of scrap metal.....however i got the parts so i can't complain.

ill get some pics when i start putting it together, hopefully i can have a go at it tomorrow night, and then put it into my car this saturday.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ahh look someone posted in my thread! and i didnt see it!

Thanks for the kind words mr phil-keto.

updates on the car!

well i have been spending a large amount of cash on the following....

-ae86 struts with a sleeve welded on

-brand new king spring 6kg coilover springs

-brand new KYB excel G shock inserts (suit MR2 i think)

-brand new slotted ae86 vented rotors (234mm)

-reconditioned jap ae86 calipers (shiny shiny)

-brand new wheel bearings

-brand new rubber brake hoses

-new QFM brake pads (the $80 ones)

-40mm no name brand RCA's

this has taken me about 6months to peice together. big thanks to GSL rally sport, the bloke has some fantastic prices, and is great to deal with. highly recomend!!!!

here are some pretty pics:

boxofgoodies.jpg

assembledstrut.jpg

now to finish this off i need:

-machine up spacer between top hat and shock (currently i have a few washes in there, but want to get a solid peice made up)

-machine up a spacer for the bottom of the shock in the tub, i think i need about 15-20mm, i have a nice chunk of alloy here waiting to be machined.

-need to get some tube things that go between the rack end and the tie rod end (see the WTB section of this forum...)

-buy new tie rod ends

-cut bolts to size that hold backing plates to the strut (you can see htey are miles to long in the pic....)

this setup has cost me a packet...but it will be legal...and i will lose the rediculous amount of track on the front end of this car, so i can get some nice wheels from munji mods!!!

oh and if anyone wants to buy me s13 front end....enquire within.

• 1 month later...

right well bit of an update.

i managed to get all this stuff on the weekend.

though not without some dramas of course.

drama 1: my brand new brake line and refurbed caliper do not seal, and fluid leaks out of where the line joins the caliper. so annoyed. will have to take it appart and prolly take the line back to where i got it, see if they can sort out whats going on. they did a dodgy job on my brake line, and said "she'll be right"....evidently not, so will have to take that back at some stage.

drama 2: nasty rattle from left hand side, I'm fairly sure it is the shock inside the tube. ive done the gland nut up as tight as i can get it, but might have to wrap the shock in tape or something, the other side is fine, which is kinda annoying....

however there are some positives.

took it for a test drive up around the block and it is much nicer to drive. the steering feel is MUCH nicer than that s13 gear, doesnt tend to tighten up as you turn more.

the car also looks heaps better now that it doesnt have the rediculous front track.....so thats definately a pluss.

hopefully can get it sorted soon, as currently I'm catchign the train/bus/ferry to work....not ideal:P

drama 2: nasty rattle from left hand side, I'm fairly sure it is the shock inside the tube. ive done the gland nut up as tight as i can get it, but might have to wrap the shock in tape or something, the other side is fine, which is kinda annoying....

If the gland nut is tight as it can go and the shock still rattles in there, pull it all apart and chuck a couple of 20c coins down the bottom of the tube, underneath the shock :yes: They'll pack the shock a fraction higher so the gland nut will clamp down tight as onto it!