January 14, 201016 yr Author comment_405286 Yeh I came in with a big throttle blip and looked over to see the 5-0 standing there.... Ooops. Pretty funny. Report
February 23, 201016 yr Author comment_416389 BAM! broke number 1 exhaust valve spring. Damn. Drove home on 3 cyl, burnt my filter element out and probably washed the bores nicely too with all the unburnt fuel! Report
February 23, 201016 yr comment_416417 Any excuse for a 7K sounds good to me :P Sucks to hear Tom Report
February 23, 201016 yr comment_416471 BAM! broke number 1 exhaust valve spring. Damn. Drove home on 3 cyl, burnt my filter element out and probably washed the bores nicely too with all the unburnt fuel! OUCH!! Seems like the springs can't stand up to the awesome of the mystery cam? Hope it all gets fixed up soon. Report
February 24, 201016 yr Author comment_416549 yes, mystery cam is packed with awesomeness apparently. Good times. It was pretty funny. No 7K for me though, the thing is overpowered as it is with the current suspension setup! Report
April 18, 201016 yr Author comment_430745 haha not really. I've been on the email back and forth to try get some springs, looks like my retainers are a funny size and I can't get the Performance Springs CB4A in there.... Apart from that, I remeasured the lift on my mystery cam, it's about 0.480 at the valves, both inlet and exhaust. Which is pretty damn big. Scored a nice digital dial gauge on Ebay so I'll regraph the cam again and work out my durations. Report
May 14, 201016 yr Author comment_437330 yeh funnily enough just got off the phone from Crow Cams in melbourne, placed my order,getting a set of their 4220 double valve springs shipped out! Awesome. They'll fit straight into a stock 5K head, no machining required. Gold. I also scored a full set of urethane suspension bushes, ball joints and tie rods from Dave at AJPS! No rush to put them in but it's good to have them there! Report
May 14, 201016 yr comment_437498 What'd crow slug you for the valve springs? Sounds good if there is no machining required! Report
May 15, 201016 yr Author comment_437578 I paid 126 including shipping to Adelaide. CB4's from Performance springs were about 90 plus shipping, but they weren't going to fit my valve stem seals so it was a no go. Report
May 15, 201016 yr comment_437590 I could've sold you all the suspension bushes, tie rods and ball joints too. ;) Substantially cheaper I bet haha. Oh well. You don't ask, you don't get ;) Report
May 15, 201016 yr Author comment_437702 You can't get em man, nobody stocks em anymore. That's why I jumped on them. Report
May 16, 201016 yr comment_437907 You can't get em man, nobody stocks em anymore. That's why I jumped on them. You'd be suprised. :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now