Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

Featured Replies

Picked up a 5 Speed

 

 

Ordered and Exedy Heavy Duty clutch

 

haha Scott missed that bit :)

 

Good build

 

Cheers, Ben.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 328.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

That reminds me KE25_KID, I still need to get that starter off you. I land back from Roxby on Thursday night, I'll give you a buzz and come get it Friday. I'll bring the 5K Sump with me to compare as well.

 

After the 3k crapped itself, I realised that Auto's suck (no towing....) and I scored a KE55 K50 box at a good price. So no Toyoglide... I'll keep it and put it in another cruiser one day.

 

As for power I haven't really thought about it that much. Just want it to lump away, rip skids and generally amuse people that look at it.

 

I scored a swaybar on Ebay for 96 bucks, and I'm going to use a ke70 rear one adapted for the back.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Before I ripped the 3k out, I checked the Extractor fitment, given that they are notorious for hitting things in KE10's.....

 

Perfect fit! It's touching the side of the Toyoglide, but the K50 is about 70mm narrower, so it'll have plenty of space in there once I swap the box.

 

There looks like ample space for the starter (shouldn't even need a KE70 one), and the Idler is also clear on full stroke, plus they fit up nicely with the Dellortos. I'm fairly sure they're HM's for those who want to know.

 

*EDIT* I just checked my correspondence with the guy I bought them off, he said they were HM Headers (Perry might be owned by HM now)> I'd assume they are the HM38's off their website. I'm blown away at the fit!

post-2873-1225198425_thumb.jpg

Edited by philbey

  • Author

For those looking at my engine bay wondering what the white crap is, thats the Chem E Weld that got all over the engine bay from my fix-it attempt......

 

Contemplating spraying the engine bay....

 

More pictures of my Donk, sans manifolds.

 

Also this KE11 is just round the corner from my folks: Looks like the delivery boy car for the Pizza joint. All original condition by the look of it. Very nice, anyone know whose it is?

post-2873-1225341223_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1225341339_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1225341351_thumb.jpg

Looks alot like Henry's (kE20ME) on here, and going by the twin walls I would say it is

 

Engine's looking nice :)

 

Cheers, Ben.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Slow progress.... I got my sump sorted out, with a bit of Mad Fabrication, my attempt at a sump baffle should avoid any starvation issues.

 

gallery_2873_2_255376.jpg

 

I had to run about getting some new bolts - Clutch Bolts, Flywheel bolts and also a set of Engine Mount - Block bolts because I had to slice the old ones off. Read my post on bolts stretching as well... CLICK HERE.

 

I also had a stupid moment - couldn't work out why my flywheel spigot hole was bigger than the bearing I bought... Went to the wreckers to check what their other flywheel sizes were, only to discover the Spigot bearing on K engines mounts in the back of the crank. :jamie: Last clutch I replaced, it was in the flywheel....

 

Funny as.

 

Next week I'll get the box and motor bolted together and it's bolt up and crank over time. Gold.

any progress is good progress.

 

you must have got abit excited with a spray can in your hand in order to paint the inside of ur sump.

 

hope its decent quality paint or it will just bubble n peel from the heat and make ur oil a lil thicker :jamie:

 

once you got this thing in i honestly think we need a couple fotos with both our wagons.

 

mine will be back on the road as of next week, then will slowly keep doing a few mods to it to neatin it up.

 

cheers, scott

  • Author

As I hit the paint on the damn sump It crossed my mind. Damn, I might strip it back, I cleaned the hell out of that sump but I'm just not certain I got all the flux and crap out from under the baffles......

 

I'll be keen to get some photo's, just keep watching this space!

 

EDIT - A quick google came up with this.

 

I knew when I sprayed it that I shouldn't bother but I'd spent the morning looking at the brand newies at Outlaw speed shop, all nicely painted up. I've been painting everything lately....

 

I just can't vouch for my QA and surface prep though, so out comes the stripper!

Edited by philbey

good man, I'm glad i said something :jamie:

 

I'm still watchin that space!! is it like one of those magic 3D pictures or sumfin?

i think i can see a dinosaur.

 

cheers, scott

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeh, funny funny!

 

Picked up my Tailshaft from MV Auto's today, I had the front yoke swapped with a second hand item I got from toyoland. Easy as. I also picked up some 4AGE flywheel bolts, much easier to get than the 5K items, and they'll fit.

 

Spending so much time away from home (damn you lucrative mining industry) that I wont get it running until Christmas time now. I've got 2 days at home between now a the 22nd!

  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.