What Grinds My Gears.

Easy approval

Just hand over your first born

The whole "she'll be right, mate" type of attitude

Just like Murphy and his law, "she'll be right" will land back in your face

Example - My supervisor, who couldn't see the point of spreading the forks back out on the forklift when he had to carry a pallet that was about 4-5meters tall and with a resounding crash over the pallet goes. "The pallet was just overloaded, it was too weak, we'll just load everything back up on to a stronger (read chep) pallet." My remark to that was - wouldn't it be better off on two pallets. "Nar, she'll be right on the one pallet."

Got a phone call about an hour later from the courier asking someone to come around cause the pallet had given out.......

Yeah, she'll be right, mate......

Members dont see this ad
Can someone call 888 Racing and tell them that NACA submerged inlet ducts aren't designed to work in reverse. I'd go as far as saying this one probably works like a sack of shit and has similar drag characteristics too!

post-7-1229033177_thumb.jpg

Is it a duct or is it a filling point for some kind of fluid (drinking water etc), or possibly an outlet.....or maybe it's an intake for the drivers ventilation, but they don't need a ram-air effect on it. Been around a few V8 Supercars at the Prodigy workshop up in Newy, but can't remember exactly what it's for...

Is it a duct or is it a filling point for some kind of fluid (drinking water etc), or possibly an outlet.....or maybe it's an intake for the drivers ventilation, but they don't need a ram-air effect on it. Been around a few V8 Supercars at the Prodigy workshop up in Newy, but can't remember exactly what it's for...

Its an outlet but its the incorrect usage for that design of duct. The idea behind the curved shape is to create a vortex over the lip that draws air down the duct without creating a lot of drag. Running it backwards completely defeats the design behind the duct and it just isn't effective. It'll be generating far more drag and removing less air than a duct designed for the purpose.

Doing a search for DIY wheel alignments and finding a forum or two on people that have made their own camber gauges with pictures included and the only way to see the pictures is to join up.

That's a pretty common thing, unfortunately. The worse thing is when you spend about an hour signing up, then realise the attachments are out of date and no longer work :)

what grinds my gears: not being involved in something (because it's not my thing) to get woken up anyway with "where are the keys" blah blah blah, I give specific directions (which are not followed) and then "i can't find them", I get up repeat my instructions and low and behold there they are!

THEN off they go and I think great I can grab another hours sleep before I have to get up, only to get phone spammed by said people^^^ where is this? can you look it up for me? Sure I say I'll call you back.... they ring back a minute later, why didn't you call "BECAUSE MY COMPUTERS STILL LOADING, I WILL CALL YOU WHEN I HAVE DIRECTIONS" look up the info, and call them back, right maybe I can still grab 45 minutes shut eye...... oh no! ITS NOT X place it's Y place", fine I'll look up that then, THEY'RE getting cranky with ME? they're lucky they're not in bitch slapping range!

Edited by SoulSearcher