Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

I got yelled at by mum's bf coz this morning I was running late [coz my mum wouldn't effing get up and she was supposed to leave at the same time as me - and her car was behind mine] so I didn't have time to warm up my car and it kept conking out as I was driving out the driveway.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

my car takes over an hour of heavy ddrving to warm up to operating temperature, and wants to conk out heaps unless its warm

Doesn't sound right. Running the thermostat ? Should have the thermostat. Could even be a faulty water pump or the temp sender, cause all in all it shouldn't take anything more then 15 minutes running to get to temp.

As a quick check how hot is the top hose after 15-20 minutes. Hot - sender, cool - pump (unless you don't have the thermostat)

 

Mind you it is only a rough guide cause you could even be running an oversized radiator which is keeping the coolant cold

I think he was paying out on my problems with my car. I will get him back!!

 

Jon you post whore. Nothing to do with you or your oil leaks.

Doesn't sound right. Running the thermostat ? Should have the thermostat. Could even be a faulty water pump or the temp sender, cause all in all it shouldn't take anything more then 15 minutes running to get to temp.

As a quick check how hot is the top hose after 15-20 minutes. Hot - sender, cool - pump (unless you don't have the thermostat)

 

Mind you it is only a rough guide cause you could even be running an oversized radiator which is keeping the coolant cold

 

 

cheers man I'm doing a bit of driving tomorow so i will check, my dad reckons it thermostat too

 

i have a spare good 4k with what looks like a near new water pump (still shiny)

 

so i can swap that over, ill just need new gasket

 

cheers

 

Travis

I was bored this morning so i worked out my hourly rate and everyone elses i work with. The bosses dad gets $21/h I get $25/h, another guy gets $28/h, another gets $31/h and the boss gets $107/h! I so wanna be the boss!

are you employed or sub-ied?

how can your boss be on an hourly rate, doesnt he work to contract?

I know a builder who charges $1800 per day and he has one apprentice who he pays $8.50 per hour and the poor kid works harder than his boss. Its hard when your young. I worked for a guy for about 5 months I was 19 and got $80 per day and $120 per day if your 21 or over. It was crap cos i worked just as hard as the older guys and i had about 4 years experience up my sleeve at the time

I'm a sub. We have a sweet deal tho. We get paid a daily rate. I just divided that amount by the number of hours we work, tho i didn't count the lunch hour.

The boss charges his boss around $1500 i think. Apparently he gets $100 for every worker he has. Thats why he likes it when we have a big group.

My current boss charges $500 per day for each worker on site. I don't see even half that money but he's the boss. I guess he has to pay for work cover, insurance, super and tools but i still reckon he makes a sweet deal.

Yeah the boss pays super and i'm a subby. I work 7.30am to 3.30pm and get I payed 8 hours and that includes 2 breaks.

  • Author
Yeah the boss pays super and i'm a subby. I work 7.30am to 3.30pm and get I payed 8 hours and that includes 2 breaks.

 

 

sounds like a sweet deal to me.

check your oil level first...its coming on because its running out of oil pressure, because there isnt enough in the sump around corners to keep the pickup submerged when it all sloshes to the side...

sometimes warning lights come on because theyre warning you of something...

but ill eat my high horse if I'm wrong :locked:

 

how many kg's of meat is your high horse???

 

my partners ke55 has a few quirks to it.

 

the common 'sympathetic needles' on the fuel and water temp. one will rise to match the other every now and then, not always the same one either.

 

the other is her oil light. it is fine from starting the car cold and driving around, but after it's fully warm and you ease the revs back (like having to stop coming off the freeway) it'll come on and stay on. if you turn the car off and then on again before it's cooled down, the oil light will just stay on. we've managed to clock up about 15thousand kms in it so far. it's had one service at home and 2 others externally (at 2 different places). it's had 2, maybe 3, different oils put in (all after a proper drain and flush) and no-one can work out why it's coming on. there are no other symptoms, the engine hasn't developed any problems...

 

so, how do you like you high horse, medium-rare with a mushroom sauce??! :yes:

 

dF

how many kg's of meat is your high horse???

 

my partners ke55 has a few quirks to it.

 

the common 'sympathetic needles' on the fuel and water temp. one will rise to match the other every now and then, not always the same one either.

 

the other is her oil light. it is fine from starting the car cold and driving around, but after it's fully warm and you ease the revs back (like having to stop coming off the freeway) it'll come on and stay on. if you turn the car off and then on again before it's cooled down, the oil light will just stay on. we've managed to clock up about 15thousand kms in it so far. it's had one service at home and 2 others externally (at 2 different places). it's had 2, maybe 3, different oils put in (all after a proper drain and flush) and no-one can work out why it's coming on. there are no other symptoms, the engine hasn't developed any problems...

 

so, how do you like you high horse, medium-rare with a mushroom sauce??! :locked:

 

dF

 

Id say your pickup is half blocked not allowing the full oil pressure that it requires to open the switch but still lubricating the engine, It happens.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.