What Grinds My Gears.

WGMG - my wedding. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely looking forward to it, and the next 12 months after it (because that'll be home-loan time), but right now it is putting a serious financial damper on my fun-time. Did ~$800 worth of overtime last week, got a ~$1k bonus coming in the next month, and not a cent of it will probably be getting spent on the cars, despite a nice set of dump pipes sitting ready to go into the Soarer with dyno-day coming up too. That, and the paint on the passenger-side needs attention, and the diff needs to be serviced (and a couple of seals replaced) and the ICE needs a little work in regards to alternator noise and one of the tweeters.

Actually, I'm not sure which is worse - the little niggling problems with the cars, or the inability to spend money on them because of saving for the wedding......

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - my wedding.

This is why I told my missus we aint having one, its money down the drain.

I must have one of the few women out there who agrees with me.

She'd rather I lay wooden floors in our house than walk down polished ones in a venue.

Love that biatch :D

• Upvote 2

She'd rather I lay wooden floors in our house than walk down polished ones in a venue.

There's no way I'd convince mine to not have a wedding, although she wishes she could spend money on the Soarer too.....at least we're not having a massive fancy expensive one, all deposits etc are paid and at the end of the day it'll probably total about $8k or so with half of that just being the reception.

WGMG - my wedding. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely looking forward to it, and the next 12 months after it (because that'll be home-loan time), but right now it is putting a serious financial damper on my fun-time. Did ~$800 worth of overtime last week, got a ~$1k bonus coming in the next month, and not a cent of it will probably be getting spent on the cars, despite a nice set of dump pipes sitting ready to go into the Soarer with dyno-day coming up too. That, and the paint on the passenger-side needs attention, and the diff needs to be serviced (and a couple of seals replaced) and the ICE needs a little work in regards to alternator noise and one of the tweeters.

Actually, I'm not sure which is worse - the little niggling problems with the cars, or the inability to spend money on them because of saving for the wedding......

Get used to no cash. Got rid of the fun car as I didn't have the time or cash to play. House loan/kids/rates/bills and everything else seemed to soak up all of the spare cash.

Keep saying that one day I'll get another fun car, but that day seems to be dissappearing into the distance rather quickly :bash: This is with me working two jobs.....

At least the missus wanted to dress up the people mover with alloys, side skirt/step things, a decent stereo and a few other bits and pieces :)

Edited by coln72

Ha, My missus doesn't want to get married and neither do i. I don't see the point other than the legal side of things.

Legally if you do, and shit hits the fan you're usually f****d as the male.

Plus for me its an ancient religious throw back, exaggerated by the media and corporations, fantasized by movie studios, marketed to women as the final and ever lasting way to prove your undying love to someone.

Guys just want blowies, thats the ONLY reason we do it.

Legally if you do, and shit hits the fan you're usually f****d as the male.

De-facto relationships hold almost as much legal right as marriage these days, so married or not you can still get cleaned out.

As for getting used to no cash, it shouldn't be too much of a problem as we're fairly well set-up right now, moving to a home loan instead of renting won't change things much (we're already paying $350 a week in rent) and the wedding will be out of the way (should have a pay-rise or two in the meantime as well), got a full house-load of stuff so when we move there won't be much need to spend on new stuff.

The main thing would actually be buying a third car for the family (Chaser/Crown? :D), relegating the Corolla to track/weekender (can't bring myself to sell it) and then I'd drive the Soarer as a daily.

You got a sensible one there. She's a keeper.

I use to work at the Stamford Plaza hotel in Brisbane several years ago. It was my job to prepair the bills for some of the weddings they had in this joint.

A cheap one $30grand, some of the more ritzy would top over $80G. This was just for the reception at the hotel, nothing else. Then you had the accommodation on top of this. If your paying accommodation for your folks and the outlaws (ooops, inlaws) and any other relitives, it was nothing unusual for me to prepare accounts in excess of $100Grand. And this was happening almost every weekend. :blinks:

This was also in the early 2000's. So a few years ago. No doubt a LOT more expensive now.

If you have to get hitched have a civil service in a park, then go to the pub for a counter meal. Thats what one of my mates did and it was one of the best weddings I've ever been to.

• Upvote 1

WGMG My ʞ©$ɟing PS3 frapping out and freezing all the time. And Fallout New Vegas glitching out on top of it. Really annoying because its such a good game, just riddled with bugs and glitches.

I send the PS back to Sony to fix the laser eye, it comes back 2 months later and first thing out of the box it starts freezing. When it freezes I can't turn it off properly, have to unplug it at power source, turn back on and machine tells me that last time it was turned off it was not turned off properly and has to restore hard disk to ensure that no data is corrupted, hard disk restored, restart system, play for a couple of hours, turn it back on and cycle repeats..

I'm not sending it back either, as soon as it dies (hopefully without a disc in it) it's going in the canal out the back and I'll be buying a new one. Or getting into PC gaming. So sick of these shitty consoles...It's all I've ever played though.. I grew up on Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy etc. All the games I love. Over it though.