What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - Today.

Having issues with getting my cars gearbox working so I take the pushbike to work today. Boss immediately starts giving me $h1t about 'reliability' of Corollas.... Well let's see, that clutch would have to be at least 9 years old & has been flogged for more than 80,000kms by me alone. Would his old MkIII Golf's or BMW X5's or new Puegot's clutch last that long? Or cost less than $200? Not a chance. It has had a few niggles (ignition module, starter motor) in the past but these have been parts that do wear out regardless of what vehicle they're in.

Start riding bike home this afternoon, get about 200m down the road & I manage to snap one of the main bolts for the rear swingarm. Reduced to walking, in the rain, yay! Luckily my housemate was able to pick me & the bike up after about 45 minutes. Unluckily, that bolt is not an off-the-shelf item & I have to make a new one.

Got home, had a phone conversation with my boss that gave me a day off to fix the car tomorrow, then took it away. He's the boss, whatever, I'll sort out how I'll get to work. Got a text message shortly after saying I can have the day off again, that to fix my car I should look for Hyundais on www.carsales.com.au....The last years worth of repairs/services have cost less than $800, why the f**k would I want to drop $15,000 on a Hyundai? There is no emoticon to express the rage!

WGMG - Today.

Having issues with getting my cars gearbox working so I take the pushbike to work today. Boss immediately starts giving me $h1t about 'reliability' of Corollas.... Well let's see, that clutch would have to be at least 9 years old & has been flogged for more than 80,000kms by me alone. Would his old MkIII Golf's or BMW X5's or new Puegot's clutch last that long? Or cost less than $200? Not a chance. It has had a few niggles (ignition module, starter motor) in the past but these have been parts that do wear out regardless of what vehicle they're in.

Start riding bike home this afternoon, get about 200m down the road & I manage to snap one of the main bolts for the rear swingarm. Reduced to walking, in the rain, yay! Luckily my housemate was able to pick me & the bike up after about 45 minutes. Unluckily, that bolt is not an off-the-shelf item & I have to make a new one.

Got home, had a phone conversation with my boss that gave me a day off to fix the car tomorrow, then took it away. He's the boss, whatever, I'll sort out how I'll get to work. Got a text message shortly after saying I can have the day off again, that to fix my car I should look for Hyundais on www.carsales.com.au....The last years worth of repairs/services have cost less than $800, why the f**k would I want to drop $15,000 on a Hyundai? There is no emoticon to express the rage!

yeah there is.... :rant: haha

WGMG: coming back onto RC and getting dirty thoughts of getting back into a rolla...... :hammer: , then remembering last corollas i've had have brought only trouble and they're to slow

WGMG: useless khunts on here asking for $1500-3000grand for a stock auto ke70 that is worth a max of $750 on a good day......... grow up!!!!! I can understand if it was a 4age converted keto, but a standard keto with cut springs and welded diff....

WGMG: A mate was storing engines at my old place. We were moving house so i told him to collect them before we moved, He didn't so i got stuck with dumping them and the bill.

Same mate.I replaced head gasket, dropped head off at shop and pick it up, replaced timing case and chain on his 22r hilux. Total labour cost $200. Picks his car up pays up and don't hear from him for 3 months.

Again same mate. I asked him last Friday to bring over his engine crane before today as i want to rip the diesel out of my parts 4x4. He said yes. Well its not here and he says he is too busy to drop it off. ʞ©$ɟ your crane and ʞ©$ɟ you.

WGMG: A mate was storing engines at my old place. We were moving house so i told him to collect them before we moved, He didn't so i got stuck with dumping them and the bill.

Same mate.I replaced head gasket, dropped head off at shop and pick it up, replaced timing case and chain on his 22r hilux. Total labour cost $200. Picks his car up pays up and don't hear from him for 3 months.

Again same mate. I asked him last Friday to bring over his engine crane before today as i want to rip the diesel out of my parts 4x4. He said yes. Well its not here and he says he is too busy to drop it off. ʞ©$ɟ your crane and ʞ©$ɟ you.

That's what me and SLO were talking about. It sucks. One more person you don't have to do favours for though..

~Start Rant~

I NEVER work on my car cos my missus bitches and ʞ©$ɟing moans so I save it all up and do the lot in one day.

All I ʞ©$ɟing hear is OMG I'm so tired from looking after the kid, OMG this, OMG that. Her sister was here doing most of it.

i havent even ʞ©$ɟing sat down, I'M MAKING DINNER FOR her, plus a potato salad for a BBQ I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WE WERE GOING TO TOMORROW.

Fine bitch Ill take it to a mechanic to do it, see how many $200 dollar ʞ©$ɟing hair straighteners you can afford if I do that.

~End Rant~

On a lighter note I am now getting drunk, avoiding the missus, and gonna make pizza.

Might be a sitting in the car listening to tunes by myself kinda saturday. (which will lead to car shenanigans)