Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

When I learnt to drive I did it with my Dad, and spent hours driving late at night when no cars are around to build my skills before I went out in peak hour traffic. :(

 

I learnt to drive in the industrial estate on Kooragang Island, where the roads are wide enough for B-doubles to do U-turns. Picked it up so quickly that I was able to drive home that day (after probably 45 minutes wheel-time), which was 15 minutes and 10km away

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

I am well past high school and definitely not emo or... wait for it "straight edge"

 

SLO-030 - about the learners, there is a time and place for learning. When you first start out, drive at times of the day when less cars are on the road. When your skills develop, then yes, drive at all different times to learn what the roads are like.

 

The particular learner that "grinded my gears" looked like they got their L's that morning out of their cereal packet and thought, hey mum I'll drive to school this morning. Had absolutely no idea at all and held up all traffic.

 

When I learnt to drive I did it with my Dad, and spent hours driving late at night when no cars are around to build my skills before I went out in peak hour traffic. :(

 

True True,

 

I learnt to drive on my uncles farm (well before my licence) and dirt roads.

 

I guess I'm pretty lucky, in the peak hour traffic the only thing that holds up traffic is the busses. and all the L platers at least have a clue.

 

 

WGMG:

 

Going out with my mate on a scavenger hunt sorta thing. Decided to pick up our friend and her sister. Turns out our friend was having a bit of a tiff with her boyfriend and they were on their way out any ways. That was about 9pm. Went driving around doing various activities as part of the scavenger hunt thing.

 

Dropped off our friend and her sister at their house at about 3am. While i was sitting in the drivers seat waiting for my mate to get back in while the 3 of them got stuff out of the boot.

 

All of a sudden our friends boyfriend and his mate rock up out of no where. Slams his girlfriend out of the way, uses stand over tactic on my mate before whacking him against the boot of the ol rolla :). We both made a quick get away.

 

What WGMG out of that uis that the boyfriend had gone out earlier with 2 other girls after having that tiff, then comign back and gettign all physical with his grilfriend and my mate. All because she went out with us.

 

Good thing to come out of it that our friends sister is a good looker :)

The other day I seen a learner driving a Mercedes (dunno what model) but it had a Kompressor (supercharger), I wonder if they will be driving it when they get thier P's...

98% mummy and daddy's car.

 

I hardly drove the 25 on my L's. Mostly mums Focus :) or a Hilux.

98% mummy and daddy's car.

 

I hardly drove the 25 on my L's. Mostly mums Focus :) or a Hilux.

 

Nah I meant it doesn't come under the learner legal laws because it is supercharged.

Didnt know there was L plate laws aswel. I guess they'd be similar to P plate laws ( In terms of car restrictions)

 

Cops mightnt worry seeing as its a 80,000 merc and mum or dad is sitting in the passenger seat.

what grinds my gears is having a sore throat and hardly being able to eat without my throat hurting while swollowing

WGMG: .....My own stupidity at times....

True True,

 

I learnt to drive on my uncles farm (well before my licence) and dirt roads.

 

I guess I'm pretty lucky, in the peak hour traffic the only thing that holds up traffic is the busses. and all the L platers at least have a clue.

 

 

WGMG:

 

Going out with my mate on a scavenger hunt sorta thing. Decided to pick up our friend and her sister. Turns out our friend was having a bit of a tiff with her boyfriend and they were on their way out any ways. That was about 9pm. Went driving around doing various activities as part of the scavenger hunt thing.

 

Dropped off our friend and her sister at their house at about 3am. While i was sitting in the drivers seat waiting for my mate to get back in while the 3 of them got stuff out of the boot.

 

All of a sudden our friends boyfriend and his mate rock up out of no where. Slams his girlfriend out of the way, uses stand over tactic on my mate before whacking him against the boot of the ol rolla :cool:. We both made a quick get away.

 

What WGMG out of that uis that the boyfriend had gone out earlier with 2 other girls after having that tiff, then comign back and gettign all physical with his grilfriend and my mate. All because she went out with us.

 

Good thing to come out of it that our friends sister is a good looker :)

 

Why didn't you beat that sucker down.

 

WGMG: Is how my parents always seem to want me to go do stuff while I'm with my girlfriend. Not so bad usually, but it's the timing.

EDIT

 

wrong thread :)

Edited by Jason KE30

The other day I seen a learner driving a Mercedes (dunno what model) but it had a Kompressor (supercharger), I wonder if they will be driving it when they get thier P's...

 

 

Nah I meant it doesn't come under the learner legal laws because it is supercharged.

 

 

Didnt know there was L plate laws aswel. I guess they'd be similar to P plate laws ( In terms of car restrictions)

 

Generally learners don't have the V8/turbo/supercharged restriction (down here they don't), most likely because there is supposed to be a responsible supervising driver in the seat next to them so they're not likely to go hooning off into the sunset.

 

Although pretty sure some of the low-blown Mercs and turbo Saabs etc just got taken off the restricted list down here, because they're not actually that fast and still pretty damn safe in a crash.

Well it makes sense.

no its retarted as hell...you can drive turbo/v8/supercharged cars on ya l's but not on ya p's unless you are over 25.

lucky for me i only have to wait a year to drive the soarer.

no its retarted as hell...you can drive turbo/v8/supercharged cars on ya l's but not on ya p's unless you are over 25.

lucky for me i only have to wait a year to drive the soarer.

 

So? On your L's you are restricted enough as it is, you've most likely got a naggy over-protective parent or driving instructor looking over your shoulder, chances are it's not your car anyway, so it doesn't really matter what you drive.

 

P's bring independence and peer pressure. Which encourages hooning. Which means that powerful cars should be restricted.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.