Ke70 Power?

Shadex

Hi, I'm new to this site =D Looks very informative. I just recently bought a KE70. Its done about 290,000kms. 4 speed. The problem i have is.. It doesn't want to do skidz yo!

In the wet.. Its great.. But in the dry it just wont slide lol.. Its got a Locker and all.. But it just doesn't kick out no matter what..

I don't know the greatest amount about these cars.. But ive been getting suggestions from people about more power.. 4ac.. 4Age.. Etc..

But as i said i don't know a hole lot about putting them in, i know there is alot of guides out there.. But it seems like it just needs that little bit more to slide..

I was thinking.. If i got a second hand 4k with low kms.. Webber.. Extractors.. Strut bracer's.. Harder Suspension.. Better cam.. Heavy duty clutch? maybe 2" Cat back... Then i would of thought it would go nicely.. I mean this is just my thoughts.. Please do give advice! Thanks! ;)

Edited by Shadex

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got an 82 ke70 with a 5k conversion done on it, auto slop box though..... I very much doubt it would skid, as it doesn't have any guts whatsoever... in the wet though it has stepped out, wouldn't like to push it though :locked:

Maybe I have something wrong with mine?, it's a project car anyway, everything else is still standard on it :D

Lol naw i don't want a line locker.. I want to slide.. not do standstills.. If i wanted to do that i would just keep driving my FWD. :D

Ok.. So I'm hearing I'm not driving it hard enuf.. Lol i take off drop the clutch.. and it just revs real hard.... annnddd then dies.. i mean around corners you come in handbrake.. dump it .. revs and dies.. and thats about 6-7 grand ;) ive tried alot of things.. i mean its great in the wet.. but in the dry its just bs lol.

And yes it is standard Suspension i think the front springs have been cut.. But thats about it.. Thinking of getting some hardness in to that.. once i start getting paided again :locked:

Ok I am going to be the responsible one here and say there is some very scary suggestions coming out of this thread. The you're not driving fast enough one is what worries me most. I am currently having visions of this bloke coming round a corner and spinning out straight into a pole or whatever.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a lot of driving experience and that you are under the age of 20 possibly even 19. Everyone has to start somewhere. Sorry if my presumptions are wrong.

Firtsly don't worry about power or speed. If you want to mod your car get some real suspension and brakes under there. Get on ke70.com and research before you buy. It can be done cheaply with parts from other cars and still have a good setup. After this go to a controlled environment and try sliding it at slower speeds, first in the wet. Practice your car control at a slower speed. This way when you do start to speed up in the dry your reactions come naturally. It takes time and practice. A locker will does help you to slide but can be a handful to drive if you have never had one and you will go through tyres like nobody's business. Having said that an open centre is also unpredictable when sliding.

Hope some of this was more constructive and will keep you and everybody else alive.

Craig