ke55_sr20turbo

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys Lots of News,

Well first things first. Had a car accident and totaled the KE70. Then whilst going to pick up a car trailer within 3 and a half hours the KE70 Got stolen!!! :P

Lost 2 of the boyfriends drayway rims and his car, that I now owe him. kicking myself!!!!!!!!!

post-4379-1237762041_thumb.jpg

Slowly More Work...

post-4379-1237762638_thumb.jpgpost-4379-1237762726_thumb.jpg

Bonet Warped When Paint Stripping.

post-4379-1237762679_thumb.jpg

Also filled in all badge holes and Antena Holes.

post-4379-1237762702_thumb.jpg

As Usual back right hand qaurter panel is rusted out completely. gotta borrow a mig to fix that soon.

post-4379-1237762656_thumb.jpg

I have picked a sky blue metallic, it's by protec paint. looks awesome.

Edited by nyxvampire

Well I sanded the bits I could which apparantly is pretty bad for it anyway, then put the paint stripper on for maybe... half hour then hosed off with a pressure washer. Primed it then went arrr... shit. so yeah sucks ass. havnt seen many bonets the same though, well where i am from anyways, but gotta find one.

Edited by nyxvampire

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

post-4379-1245500692_thumb.jpg

Grinded back the wield and made smooth.

post-4379-1245500711_thumb.jpg

Finally found a good passanger door so I can now get rid of the rusted one.

post-4379-1245500729_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I'm still working on that rear corner. Last time we had a go at it with the fibre glass and bog...

This time we got rid of that and actually tried weilding it. Now we just gotta work on getting it smooth.

post-4379-1245500755_thumb.jpg

LOL! See, The new Ford Festiva panels can come in handy... :bash: used it to mend the rear quarter.

post-4379-1245500778_thumb.jpg

Painted the subframe black. Soon we shall be painting the engine bay dropping the 4k back in so it's easier to take it to the spray booth.

Found Some of dads parts lying around the shed... should I put this stuff in the KE55???

post-4379-1245500795_thumb.jpg post-4379-1245500807_thumb.jpg

4 Link 9" 31 Spline, Full Spool Centre out of an ex Pro Stock car. I should find some GT35 Garrets to go with it what do you's reckon?

Cheers.

Looks like a great idea... By the time you experiment how it goes in the Ke55, find some engine mounts, experiment with a few bonnets to cut open holes with, find a tranny to go with it, get some new sheetmetal for the tranny tunnel, custom make or buy a tailshaft/driveshaft, experiment with the diff, custom exhaust system, maybe a new steering rack, find a new crossmember for the engine or the gearbox to sit on, and get an engineers ( if you want to get one ). :D

I reckon maybe go for simple 5k or 4age or any other Toyota Twin Cam engine there is, a Nissan ca18det or sr20det, or you could rebuild and work the 4k sittin' in it now and slam a 5 speed behind it. But it's not my choice as to what you do to this beast. I'm just puttin out ideas for what you could do to this.

Cheers, Josh :bash:

Edited by ewt

Looks like a great idea... By the time you experiment how it goes in the Ke55, find some engine mounts, experiment with a few bonnets to cut open holes with, find a tranny to go with it, get some new sheetmetal for the tranny tunnel, custom make or buy a tailshaft/driveshaft, experiment with the diff, custom exhaust system, maybe a new steering rack, find a new crossmember for the engine or the gearbox to sit on, and get an engineers ( if you want to get one ). :)

I reckon maybe go for simple 5k or 4age or any other Toyota Twin Cam engine there is, a Nissan ca18det or sr20det, or you could rebuild and work the 4k sittin' in it now and slam a 5 speed behind it. But it's not my choice as to what you do to this beast. I'm just puttin out ideas for what you could do to this.

Cheers, Josh :D

I think she may have been joking lol :bash:

Hey,

I know very well about the work involved in any conversion. I would love to put them in there one day.

but not for a looonnnggg....... while. I am going to rebuild the 4k maybe put a tiny little turbo on it.

for the moment the engine bay is being sprayed so I can put the engine back in and that way its easier to take it to the spray booth.