I Lost The Key For My Ae86!!!

choonga

Hey all

Was working on my ae86 the other day and put the keys down.. now i can't find them anymore and i only had one key! garghhh

Does anyone know if any of the ignition barrels/locks are swappable from other toyotas/cars?

i have never seen a ae86 at a wreckers.. so i'm wondering if i can take it out of anythign else?!

Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

ahh, so many hi-jinks me and my mates got up to with each others cars, all ke70s. opening them up and leaving notes... turning them around to face the other way in their driveway...swapping them in general, as they were the same color and model...ahh the fun times :D

just get any long type toyota key and it will more than likely fit, especially the ignition,

almost all keys are interchangeable due to them holes being slopped out, so far the keys i have tried in my mates t-18 that have worked are, sprinter, ae71 another random long type key and my soarer keys which i have 2 different ones. lol. my ae71 was also the same, massively slopped out..

Edited by tas_ae71

ahh, so many hi-jinks me and my mates got up to with each others cars, all ke70s. opening them up and leaving notes... turning them around to face the other way in their driveway...swapping them in general, as they were the same color and model...ahh the fun times :P

noticed this with my kesevs and a mates from school. wasnt the first time he had to walk to the other carpark to retrieve his car. But yes you can get new keys cut without a problem. It would pay to find the toher keys though, not a good thing having spare keys to your car laying around.