Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7shades' Luxo-barge. Strictly Pimpin.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Oh yeah... this is a budget buildup for sure.

My current outlays are $175, the new paint I will have to pay for, but I have a dude on staff that can apply it for beer and conversation.

Add 100 or so for consumables, and 200 or so for the interior trim (GF's friend is a seamstress, handy)

The most expensive part will be the tyres, at about 600

Then just some sundry outlays for low springs and other pimp related accessories and she's pretty much done.

 

I'm setting a target of sub - $1500 for the entire project, not including whatever stonkingly large engine may end up in it later.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm surprised no one has has photoshopped it yet? :lolcry: :lol:

 

I'd give it a go, but I suck at this hole computer thing :y:

 

sounds pimp enough tho

I d bush bash it and torch the piece of shit who cares how good it is for its age! Just my view....

  • Author

This from a man who spent 15k + on a late 70's shopping trolley with two doors.

 

I found the build thread on that luce somewhere... dude certainly wasn't afraid to spend a bit o coin, but the end result is excellent

Edited by 7shades

This is the Luce Rotary:

I'm damn sure those wheels would look a hell of a like nicer on my car :lol: :lolcry:

Nice work Seven of Shades... Pimping 80s jap barges FTW...

 

I still haven't got off my arse to start fixing my Century, but alas... :D

vip-13b is one of the best built cars, please follow along those lines...

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well, I've decided to put the big bitch on the road. I have no idea why, but I am.

Swapped the nosecone for one which doesn't have towbar prints in it.

 

post-1955-1202278552_thumb.jpgpost-1955-1202278660_thumb.jpg

 

Swapped the 4 speed for a 5... was a rather, um, messy exercise...

 

post-1955-1202278884_thumb.jpg

 

Also picked up a couple of new bits for it... only needed tierods and balljoints for RWC.

 

THIS little bastard piece of nylon, however, was the most expensive part to procure.... how can a bloody shifter bush be worth $30?

Aaah. Thats right, its a Mazda.

 

post-1955-1202278684_thumb.jpg

 

Should be on the road next week, whitewalls and moonies are on the way.... just gotta work out what diameter the springs are so I can find some ultralows for it. Pimpin.

Edited by 7shades

  • Author

I had that made up when I had an industrial shed. Everyone else in the complex had one above their door, so I figured I'd better get one as well. Got some interesting looks from the neighbours ;)

HAHA As you prob know I'm the nut case at work so that would go GREAT on my work desk in my work shop..LOL

 

MM imagine driving into that complex with some military security person..LOL The look on the face when they first saw it HOW COOL..lol

 

Cameron

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.