• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

no real updates, been abit short of the $$$ lately, due to going overseas and buying other cars which i shouldn't have, so the panelvan has been sitting and looking pretty neglected. still needs some body work done but its going next monday back to the beaters to have it done then i can fart around with it more. sold off my other cars and bought a camry wagon daily hack so i can save abit of $$ and keep myself focused on the corolla.

• 1 month later...

some new pix, my project is still alive lol. body work on the car is done, will hopefully get it towed back home friday or saturday. looks so much better then how it originally did, i ended up getting the whole shell sandblasted, which revealed a shitload more rust then what i originally discovered, but its all gone now atleast.

will get some better pix once its home.

newcar159.jpg

newcar158.jpg

newcar157.jpg

newcar156.jpg

newcar155.jpg

newcar154.jpg

newcar153.jpg

• 1 month later...

not much to update, mock fitted up the engine/box, had to remove the crank pulley to fit the engine so ill be moving the engine back another 50mm or so as ive got a bit of room to play with, also roughly mounted where i want the turbo to be, I'm in desperate need of a welder atm now tho, dad was gettin me one for xmas last year but never got around to it and iv been to busy with other shite to annoy him about it but I'm gonna hav to start pestering him more as i can't do much else atm without one!

ended up pissing off the waterpump as i didn't really like the look of it and it wasn't fitting up very well with the fan so il lbe using a davies craig electric pump and side mounting the alternator since it can't go in its original spot anymore, gonna be mounting the pump in one of the inner guards.

collected a bunch of pipe bends etc so gonna start making up a rough gaffa tape zorst manifold so i can make sure the turbo/gate are gonna be in the best spot before i can weld one up.

newcar161.jpg

newcar164.jpg

newcar160.jpg

newcar162.jpg

newcar163.jpg

Edited by Sim

yeh mine pretty tight between the pulley and fan, looks like my engine is mounted a bit further back than ur (in the pics)

Are you going to run an airfilter?

thought about how ur IC piping is going to go?

I have my turbo mounted much lower and its pretty tight with an airfilter and IC piping on that side

car looks awesome BTW

slow progress is better than no progress, atleast its starting to look more like a car now

cooler piping is coming up through the inner guards, either side of the bottom of the cooler, the turbo will more than likely be moved back as i will be running a filter, ill see what the smallest filter i can find is and go off that.

yeh it doesn't have to come back all that much. thanks for the kind words, yeh it has been abit slow but I'm not fussed, it will get there eventually.

messed around with the front end bits roughly getting everything in place, had to hack my spare grille and apron abit to fit the cooler but it doesn't look that bad, I'm not going for the stealthy look otherwise i'd be failing atm lol.

can't seem to find the metal bit that goes under the grille on top of the apron so it looks abit weird atm.

just gotta make up mounts for the oil cooler and get it sitting abit closer to the intercooler and it shuld look alrite. btw the front wheels are all mental atm cos ive ripped the lower control arms etc out.

newcar165.jpg

newcar166.jpg

newcar167.jpg

newcar168.jpg