[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano

Sim

after a few weeks of pulling my hair out trying to get my car down from sydney, it finally arrived yesterday. its a ke26 panel van, mostly standard body wise, running a 13bt from a series 4 rx7. getting stuck into it this weekend, hoping to hav the motor/box out so i can start stripping it to get painted. basically replacing everything on the car, to an extent. getting the motor rebuilt, just bought a larger turbo for it, gonna get it bridge ported etc. its running an R31 diff in it atm which should handle the power for a little while, so i won't be touching that much. its running standard r31 disc brakes at the rear, and ke55 disc brakes at the front with ke55 struts. deciding whether to leave the ke55 struts in or get some ta22 struts. upgrading the front brakes to a Hoppers Stoppers commodore brake set up including bigger master cylinder and fitting a booster as the brakes on it now are appalling. the first thing ill be doing though is turfing that top mount, its god awful and doesn't do anything ot reduce heat, considering theres no vents in the bonnet and its basicallly touching the bonnet when its closed anyway.

ill be taking pictures all through out so ill hopefully have something worth while to show soon. heres just a couple of quick pics of what it looks like. let me know what you think.

newcar1wp0.jpg

newcar4oo0.jpg

newcar3ch3.jpg

newcar6lu9.jpg

newcar7lo0.jpg

Edited by Sim

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm gonna get some better pics this weekend, including some proper pics showing the rest of the interior so ill get one showing the whole seat.

after seeing it get off the truck yesterday i realised why all the transport companies kept complaining about it being too low, its tucking tyre on a 15" rim at the front :D. looks tough like that though haha.

i love this car, what tyres are on those saab rims? as for engineering, remember to say its a commercial vehicle (panel van) and you need the 13b turbo to deliver pamphlets on the weekends.

its funny to see it still has that sticker and the transporter badge on the rear.

thanks for the comments! I'm gonna talk to afew engineers about it, iv seen standard 13bt setups managing to get engineers in similar car sizes/weight etc too mine. haha yeh i love the transporter badge, I'm keeping that for sure.

ill most likely put the seats up for sale here, would b a straight bolt up jobbie in another ke20 or similar :D. it has 215/40/15 Yokohama's on the 15s, they are a mad looking tyre i reckon. gonna get a couple more to replace the skyline stockies on the rear.

Edited by Sim

That's a friggin RARE van you've got there mate. Looks Awesome :P :)

I just picked up a KE26 Wagon and i hope it turns out looking this good.

Good Luck with rebuild, its going to be bloody NICE when it's done, from what you've said. :P

Looking forward to seeing the end result soon.

Nice setup mate, def would shock some people. I'd be looking into some wider struts to base your brake upgrade on like you said. The KE55 struts won't give you as good a shock choices as a 52mm tube strut - AE86, Corona, celica. The TA22 struts are ok in a corolla, but the later model gear , RA40 RA60 will upset your steering geometry due to their lame king pin angle. Looking good :P

thanks for the compliments guys, it should be something different :P, u don't see many ke26 vans around, let alone rotaries. started pulling bits n pieces off of it today, engine is almost ready to pull out, just need to get a crane and I'm sweet. hoping to pull out the motor/box in one hit. most likely end up doing it tommorow. took afew pics of how its sitting atm, starting to look abit bare!

yeh i have to look n see what strut would suit me better, I'm definately ditching the ke55 struts, their pretty shagged anyway haha.

newcar8om9.jpg

newcar12md4.jpg

newcar9ei0.jpg

newcar11ia3.jpg

heres a pic of the seats that are in it, for whoever want to see them.

newcarseatjn4.jpg