[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano

Sim

also, I'm interested in doing a 5 stud conversion, the fronts can be taken care of in the Hoppers Stoppers brake kit, u can either have them 4 or ford 5 stud, but the rears I'm not sure on. they are R31 disc brakes which are 4 stud, how would i go about changing it to the ford 5 stud like the fronts would be?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the plates. I ordered a set for my KE30 (soon to be 12A) last week. "BRAPPN"

How much did the engine rebuild cost? An engine builder I spoke to said he just rebuilt a Turbo 13B BP with dowelled etc (the works) for $7000. But he wouldnt give me a firm figure for a N/A 12A small BP.

I'm budgeting on around $5000.....hopefully.

thanks mate, hehe brappn is pretty sweet. who did u speak to about the engine? i spoke to maztech and xtreme rotaries etc, they both said around 6-7g's for the rebuild. i spoke to a mate who rebuilds rotaries from his home, and he said he could do it for a hell of a lot cheaper. i took the stripped block to him and he did all the rebuilding, dowelling, porting, painting it up replacing all the seals etc all that shit for $2500. after iv gotten everything needed for the motor it'll prolly end up being around 6g's for the complete engine.

yeh i was toying with the idea of ditching the R31 diff i have n going for a hilux diff. but since the r31 is still in pretty good nick i was hoping to keep it for a little while longer but get the stud pattern changed?

also, is there any way to check whether ur diff has shortened axles or not? without pulling it apart? as the previous owner said the diff had been shortened, i dunno if that was just to fit underneath the rolla or to what extent etc. I'm not really trusting in what he's said now cos of what happened with my motor. anyone know?

thanks mate, hehe brappn is pretty sweet. who did u speak to about the engine? i spoke to maztech and xtreme rotaries etc, they both said around 6-7g's for the rebuild. i spoke to a mate who rebuilds rotaries from his home, and he said he could do it for a hell of a lot cheaper. i took the stripped block to him and he did all the rebuilding, dowelling, porting, painting it up replacing all the seals etc all that shit for $2500. after iv gotten everything needed for the motor it'll prolly end up being around 6g's for the complete engine.

yeh i was toying with the idea of ditching the R31 diff i have n going for a hilux diff. but since the r31 is still in pretty good nick i was hoping to keep it for a little while longer but get the stud pattern changed?

I sold my donor car to 'Mister Mazda' wreckers in Carrum. He races a S2 RX7 and builds motors etc as well as running a workshop/wreckers. He is who i got my quote from.

One bloke that bought some parts off me recommended 'Rank Rotary'. I had my car tuned there years ago and found them to be ok on that side of things. Apparently the business turned to shit, so they moved location and have fresh faces there now. His 12A BP cost in the ballpark of $5000-$6000 for a full rebuild and port package.

I might hit your mate up for a price in future if he is keen? I was told to only go for a small BP job if its just a streeter. Apparently the full BP is a heap thirstier and more unreliable.

I'm doing the R31 diff conversion in my KE30 (well the workshop is). The diff is in my backyard along with a spare shorter axle. Hopefully just the longer side will be shortened and use the shorter axle to suit. You can't beat the fact thats its the right PCD and disc brakes though. I have an LSD one, but the ratio is 3.8:1.....so not really suited to a rotary, but i'll worry about that in due time.

Edited by kangaroosa

also, is there any way to check whether ur diff has shortened axles or not? without pulling it apart? as the previous owner said the diff had been shortened, i dunno if that was just to fit underneath the rolla or to what extent etc. I'm not really trusting in what he's said now cos of what happened with my motor. anyone know?

Measure the length of your diff from the outside of the wheel mounting plates on the axles. I will measure my unmolestered diff and you should be able to confirm your suspicions.

ok sweet thanks for the info, ill give that a shot when i go check out the car next. my mate works from home so doesn't charge as much as most workshops do, only downside is he's in Sunshine which is a bit of a hike from dandenong if you're keen. I'm sure he'd accomodate you though, he just recently built an extend port 12a for some bloke, had it there when i was there last. yeh i was gonna go for a full bridgy but decided against it mainly due to the fact that they aren't the easiest things to live with for a street car. i ended up going for a Secondary Bridge port, which is basically an extend bridge port, only the secondaries are bridged the primaries are extended. you still get the brap brap as if its a bridgy but it is apparently a hell of a lot more streetable and would still go like stink. ive heard of alot of people going this way instead of full bridgys, alot of people from Maztech hav been going with this option with good results. so it could be a good idea to check that out for your 12A.

haha no worries dude, ill let u know when i get the motor going. will b looking forward in seeing how ur ke30 turns out, are u going oldskool carbie style or mechanical injection?

My engine has a DCOE weber bolted it to. I'll be sticking with that for now. The manifold is in 2 sections, so i can unbolt one section and run an IDA Weber instead which would probably be the better option. My priority is just getting the engine, box and custom tailshaft fitted up to the diff. Then i can work on the other 'details' from there.

I like to keep things simple, so carby it is.

Edited by kangaroosa

sounds good to me dude, iv always like the sound of carbie rotaries, sound tough as. i wouldn't mind building a peripheral ported 13b, 51mm IDA etc and drop it in my white ke20 lol. no fuel injection or anythin like that, just pure oldskool, real petrol guzzler. would be awesome. thats something to think about later on down the track i think.