[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano

Sim

got home from sydney tonght to find a bunch of boxes n smeg on my bed, it was like christmas lol. got my turbo n all my other bits n my clutch bits so I'm gona bolt up my flywheel/clutch tommorow most likely so that its all ready to go. ordered my Microtech ECU yesterday aswell which i should get on monday hopefully. heres some pics anyway. the turbo is pretty damn beasty, i love it lol.

newcar40az6.jpg

newcar41gj1.jpg

newcar42gu7.jpg <- standard turbo against new one.

newcar43er2.jpg

newcar44qy3.jpg

newcar45vc6.jpg

;)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gee wiz Sim this is gonna be beastly!! ;)

Now when it's done you can just give it to me then.

300rwkw in a KE26 should be damn fast, easy 11's if not 10's..

What colour are you going to respray this? I think the same colour as your KE26 daily would be killer sleeper haha

Cheers, Ben.

thanks guys, I'm wanting to spray it that new holden blue (voodoo) i think its called, looks awesome. I'm not going for the sleeper look with this car, its gonna scream dragster but still be driven in the street (sometimes) ;).

it will do 10's no sweat. my mates 1300 wagon with a smaller turbo and extend port made 320rwkw and ran a 10.4, mines a bridgeport and bigger turbo (its basically a T66) should make around the 340rwkw.

if i can launch it properly n get traction i should see low 10s easyyyy.

thanks guys, I'm wanting to spray it that new holden blue (voodoo) i think its called, looks awesome. I'm not going for the sleeper look with this car, its gonna scream dragster but still be driven in the street (sometimes) ;).

it will do 10's no sweat. my mates 1300 wagon with a smaller turbo and extend port made 320rwkw and ran a 10.4, mines a bridgeport and bigger turbo (its basically a T66) should make around the 340rwkw.

if i can launch it properly n get traction i should see low 10s easyyyy.

Oh smeg yeah I forgot it was a bridgey. 13BBPT mmmm ;)

yeh should do easy 10s then with traction, will boogy thats for sure.

What size tyres are you running? and did you end up getting those B45s?

Cheers, Ben.

i hvn't done anything about rims yet, i will soon. gona try leave it too the last minute so i make sure i get the right sizes. I'm yet too see how wide i can go in the rear end first. i was going to originally get it mini tubbed but after a closer look the chassis rails are too close to the tubs so i'd have to get the rails chopped out and moved further in towards the centre of the car, which prety much smegs me off since i still wanna drive the car on the street. I'm gonan get the tubs cut out and boxed right up against the rails. I'm hoping to get another 1/2 or even an extra inch if i can and try squeeze 8" Convo Pro's under it (iv finally decided on those), which as much dish as ican run lol.

going for 4" at the front end.

ye dougal soon as the thing is up and running and the motor is run in ill be taking it straight to calder n see what times i can get out of it ;).

yeh it should look tough ;).

has anyone had much experience farting around with Hilux diffs? ive got a 4wd luxy diff (unknown model) lying around which i wouldn't mind using in the rolla. only thing stopping me is that it has massive mofo 6 stud drums on it which are no good to me. does anyone know how hard it would be to change to 5 stud drums/30 spline axles? I'm gonna be changing the guts of the carrier to run 4.3:1 gears and a full spool i just wanna know if I'm wasting my time trying to change over the drums/axles or if i should just ditch it and try find a 5 stud 2wd diff??

any help would b good.

Hey mate, Great little project you have. I was going to go with the rotor conversion but opted for the SR20. I have stuffed around with a hilux and by past experience oit is worth trading your 6 stud compete diff for a 5 stud from the start. You basically have top change everything from backing plates. axles etc. They are basically 2 different diffs. After alot of research on the hilux diffs i have now got a 2wd from a 86 model. I know that a 1976 2wd hilux diff will fit into a mazda 1300 without beign shortened. But good luck trying to find one which was the problem that i had.

Good luck with the rest of the project

I'm guessing u managed to fit those with untubbed guards? (going by ur nickname), or did u have to massage the guards out abit?

you reckon i could fit 8" convo pros on it? pm me if u want as I'm interested to know what u did.

Yep you can fit 8's on the sedans, just have to get the diff shortened perfectly

Think mine was 1220mm long with my deep dish rims. Buy your rims and tyres first

and then pull the back out of the car and sit them in and measure up for diff.

If you square up the inner guards it is a lot easier and will sit lower, the rest is just

a bit of sledgemhammer work on the inside, i didn't flare the outside, but you

might have to for a 28x9, but 26 x8.5 just fitted.

cheers

darren

just a little update, got a hilux diff afew months ago which turned out to be useless so i ended up finding an RN25 2wd luxy diff, which will suit the corolla well, i need to get it cut done heaps obviously but thats sweet now. just need to offload the other diff now lol.

should hopefully get my microtech bits soon, this week hopefully, n been talking to the dudes at PWR about getting an aluminium radiator made up and also getting an intercooler off them. i measured up my existing radiator, making it a little bigger as i hav a bit of free room i can use, sent them the pic n they made me up a drawing showing would it will look like, looks mad. i wasn't fast enough to reply to them yesterday so il have to wait till monday to hear back from them but once i pay em i should get everything within a week.

also ordered some Velo race seats today, fken awesome fibreglass seat, comfortable as and they only weigh 5kg :cool:. ill be picking those up next saturday as they didn't have any in stock.

decided on my wheel/tyre combo during the week aswell, was hoping to get everything today but they didn't have any rear wheels my size in stock and won't have any for 6 weeks , so I'm gona try get them directly from VPW or rocket industries.

iv decided on Convo Pro 15x4" 1-3/4 back space (no dish) fronts with Nankang 165/60 tyres and 15x7" 3-3/8 (lots of dish) with 235/60/15 M/T street radials.

can't wait when i get everything :P