[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano

Sim

Good work on having a go urself...looking good.

finding bog is always annoying, but on these older jap cars the metal is so thin it's almost impossible to get it straight without bog...too flimsy to file finish

i was having the rust in my doors done, paint stripped, took out the bog, welded, then the door kept coke-canning on us trying to get it straight...no matter what the panel beaters tried...so they ended up fabricating new doorskins for me, which are the next size up in thickness from the old ones, so much more sturdy.

Mark

Edited by HIGH ROLLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the comments guys :lolcry:. done abit more this week, slowly getting there. the roof is halfway done n started on removed the rear window n started on the tailgate, found a couple tinnny rust holes in the tailgate window frame which isn't much of a big deal, apart from that theres no other rust in the roof or gate so I'm happy. should have the whole thing back to metal next week hopefully!

newcar136.jpg

newcar137.jpg

this thing looks just as good naked :y:

please don't tell me your thinkin of painting it ford blueprint (N)

how original :dance:

go something original, a factory colour, or at least something close to with abit of shine.

keep up the good work Sim.

cheers, scott

it mite b going blue but haven't decided what shade yet, will be mixing up a custom colour for it. definately wuldn't be going blueprint its more suited to oldskool commodores lol.

i was also thinking of a gun metal grey, i don't see many corollas (if any) in a nice grey, n might put some extra pearl in it etc. after seeing it going back to metal it would look cool in a grey i reckon.

gonna get stuck into it tommorow so will try get the roof and tailgate all finished.

my gf has a new set of shoes which are prety much the exact colour i'd want it sprayed lol.

Edited by Sim

it mite b going blue but haven't decided what shade yet, will be mixing up a custom colour for it. definately wuldn't be going blueprint its more suited to oldskool commodores lol.

i was also thinking of a gun metal grey, i don't see many corollas (if any) in a nice grey, n might put some extra pearl in it etc. after seeing it going back to metal it would look cool in a grey i reckon.

gonna get stuck into it tommorow so will try get the roof and tailgate all finished.

my gf has a new set of shoes which are prety much the exact colour i'd want it sprayed lol.

pics of said girlfriend for reference :dance:

hahaha thanks guys, its getting there more each day :dance:. finished the roof and bonnet today, just got a couple panels left n I'm all sweet.

iv seen a couple cars finished off in bare metal and it looks insane, but costs an absolute overrated to get it as good as that apparently, would still prefer blue tho, but ill make my mind up when it comes to that lol.

newcar139.jpg

newcar140.jpg

newcar141.jpg

Edited by Sim

• 1 month later...

slight update, the pano is finally going to get some pampering in the form of bodywork/rust removal/seam welding/priming etc which will be happening as soon as i take hte car to the beaters next sunday. should have it back within 3 or so weeks so i can dummy up the motor, rad/cooler/turbo/zorst manifold etc basically assemble everything making sure everything is sweet before i rip it all out again so the car can be painted, then it all goes back in again.

will get some pics once its home, can't wait too see how it looks :dance:. after seeing an SR20 powered ke20 coupe at Easternats today I'm hangin to get the pano on the road!

Edited by Sim

well the car is all ready to goto the beaters, emptied all the shit n bits i had lying around in the car, n put the old shitty steering bits back in roughly so it can be steered, but its gonna be fun getting the bastard out of my carport n onto the tow truck. can't wait :jamie:.

pano got put on a truck today n taken to my mates to do the bodywork, quite extensive work is being done n i should have it back in a month or so, just in primer, can't wait! will get photos during the process when i can.

heres the pano on the truck anyways lol

newcar142.jpg

Edited by Sim