Sim

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is just my opinion (so please choose to ignore it if you want lol)

i think it would look alot better without a chopped grille

looks like your cooler is about the same thickness as mine (altho alot bigger) and i managed to keep mine behind the grille JUST

this is the clearest pic i have, all i did was cut/file from the inside edge of the grille

post-3517-1271435474_thumb.jpg

Thought about mounting the oil cooler at an angle and tucked under some more so it doesnt stick out so much?

IMO it would make the front look alot cleaner, keep them nice and shiny tho. Will look awesome with the shiny paint :jamie:

yeah 13BT_KE20 i was thinking about that earlier about where the oil cooler etc sits it does look abit odd where it is, had a bit of a brainstorm in how i could make it look nicer and the front end aswell cos i just hate how the rad supports are designed on ke rollas, just gonna go visit an engineer mate of mine on monday to make sure its alrite before i start hacking lol.

haha yeh its got some intense toe action going on.

finally managed to mount the oil cooler in a better way then it was originally, made up afew crude brackets and utilized the existing castor mount bolts making the oil cooler sit in abit more and on an angle, i think it looks way better then hanging underneath the intercooler. let me know what you think?

also cut a hole for the shifter in my tunnel n will be moving the engine/box back another 50mm and ill be making a solid engine mount using the exisiting engine brace but modding it so i can use the factory weld on threads on the castor mounts.

newcar169.jpg

newcar170.jpg

roughly where engine will sit after moving rearwards

newcar171.jpg

trans tunnel cut

newcar172.jpg

Edited by Sim

nice work! thought u would of mounted the oil cooler angled the other way

how much clearance do you have between your crossmember and sump"

your motor looks to be about where mine is and mine has had the crossmember cut and rewelded lower to give enough clearance

i tried it the other way aswell but i like the way it looks here.

atm where it is its pretty close but its not hitting, ive had the crossmember modified already as i wanted to move the engine back earlier. ive got about a finger gap from steering lock stoppers on eithr side of the crossmember and about 40 odd mm from the hump of the sump to the front of the crossmember so it should be alright.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...