Matts Ke30......sr20det

some speedflow, filter, extra fuel pump.

IMG_1753_zpsc3554fc8.jpg

IMG_1750_zpsdd441ac8.jpg

IMG_1745_zps9a92e0cd.jpg

hooked up innovate wideband to haltech.

IMG_1748_zps84a45d10.jpg

eflex hooked to return line, just brass fittings to step the return down to the smaller size.

IMG_1747_zps82291e8b.jpg

It now starts and runs good on the new haltech ecu, its now booked in for dyno tune on the 25th june, i leave for japan in 2 days, so this goes in 2 days after our return.

I now have 2 bosch pumps under the car, with a speedflow mesh 10 micron filter after the pressure pumps to look after the id2000's. I also have a 40 micron mesh aeromotive filter before the lift pump/ surge tank. Fuel rail now returns to the surge tank.

under the car beside the tank.

046_zps37595519.jpg

048_zpsa0965ea6.jpg

in the boot surge tank

045_zpsc92dc67e.jpg

I had to put in a different fuse holder for the fuel pumps, the previous one got hot and melted, connections must have been crap.

057_zps1d439f3e.jpg

Fuel pressure gauge finally arrived so fuel rail pressure is set spot on.

059_zpsb7a514e4.jpg

This arrived today, radiator overflow, its about an inch too tall so will have to cut the bottom off and shorten it a tad.

061_zpsba4052c4.jpg

060_zps0f198227.jpg

I have been working on this thing a fair bit, sorting out a heap of little things, getting all the gauges working, getting it running good, and going over any issues. I changed to rear wheels today to 17s hopefully they suit the dyno better.

062_zps0ead8c31.jpg

063_zpsc14e61d7.jpg

Members dont see this ad

got a new battery cos the other one was dead, intended for a harley its pretty small, 400cca deep cycle non-spill.

rollafinalstuff002_zps2d983c27.jpg

Used the opportunity to add the main battery fuse inside the box, should have done it long ago.

rollafinalstuff001_zps26522009.jpg

I read on the haltech forum that air intake sensor should not be mounted into any sort of heatsink, so i moved it to the intercooler pipe just before the plenum. I cut a bit of round bar and welded it to the pipe underneath, then drill + taped the thread. Worked out overrated.

rollafinalstuff008_zpsfe4d6cb5.jpg

rollafinalstuff006_zps357b2d6d.jpg

rollafinalstuff005_zps566b4089.jpg

I started on the radiator overflow setup, I decided to thread the radiator overflow and taped a thread into a 6an fitting to screw onto it, I just didnt want to pull the radiator out to weld it on. I need to put the fitting on the lathe still to remove the outer thread.

I have made the stainless overflow tank i bought fit the car too, i cut it down an inch or so, and shaped the bottom to suit the car, just waiting on a 6an weld fitting to finish, and i still need to make some mounts for it, i don't have much stainless laying around.

rollafinalstuff004_zps58c77bf6.jpg

rollafinalstuff011_zpsbf75f435.jpg

rollafinalstuff012_zps70fcd21d.jpg

This is how it will sit now, pretty out of view.

rollafinalstuff009_zps8932a2fa.jpg

Thanks! Yep the overflow was good value 50 delivered, to make my own the weld on cap was going to be 40 and only in alloy so more maintenance. I used the dis 4 again tas, nearly went to ls1 coils but the msd throws it out like lightening stuck with it, they come up 2nd hand on boost losing and eBay a bit. I got mine for 300 with the coils 2nd hand. Providing it survives the dyno I will be at the big power cruise so should be some fun to be had! No Rego yet either but won't be an issue will sort it straight after the tune then hit the local masters show.

Figured you probably would but though I'd ask anyway. I'll most likely just run ls1 coils myself. If you do see any for sale soon let me know though. All the ones I've seen on Ebay are new and $800 odd.

What are you doing with the v4 actually? I know someone that might be keen on it!

• 4 weeks later...

Dyno last friday, unfinished due to a fuel supply issue. Didnt get to e85 tune, 98 only so far so we didnt get to put some real boost into it. 310hp@20psi and [email protected], happy with that, shows plenty of promise through the 4500 stally. Would have liked to get it finished but its run in now and going strong.