Matts Ke30......sr20det

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks mate.

Been busy wiring since i got back from the cape. I seem to get an hour or so done on it most afternoons after work.

I'm going way overboard on neatness, i'm an electrician by trade so this is the bit i have not been looking forward to, so it will be good to get it out of the road.

Getting very close to finished, still need to do the boot pumps ect, and some of the engine bay senders ect.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

Also i went and got my other corolla from my parents place where its been stored, will start to plan, and maybe work on it a bit.

I am really keen on dropping a 3s beams in it, but there are 3 sr20's sitting here, and i don't have cash for beams, so i guess its likely gonna get an sr.

I have alreadt got an r31 diff cut down for it, a wolf v4 ecu, and a plenty of redundant bits from the ke30.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Bought a few more bits for the ke30 the other day too.

auto oil temp gauge

engine oil temp gauge

Electric heaters for demister for rego

oil drain for turbo

rocker stoppers

led dash lighting, and interior light.

Still plenty of stuff to do, but it feels alot closer with the wires near done.

• 5 weeks later...

ok a bit of an update.

I bought a couple of oil temp gauges, for engine temp and gearbox temp. so the dash is ready to go in,

just need to install the two electric heater/ fans under the dash, and still waiting on my speedo cable.

011_zps2e9788be.jpg

009_zpsa8c46c28.jpg

where the fans are going to be sitting under

010_zps00125ec2.jpg

Brake master had a leak, so pulled it out again and bought a rebuild kit for it.

014_zpsfdeee1e8.jpg

I have started to buy some of the fuel fittings for under the rear of the car, and in the engine bay.

still getting my head around ordering the correct parts over the net but i have only got one wrong so far.

008_zpsb44633f7.jpg

007_zps0bf45083.jpg

flared some of the hard lines with the earls fittings for gearbox cooler and fuel lines. more bits still in the mail.

013_zps452a6fcc.jpg

solid lifters arrived too, there is nothing under the cam covers yet, but these were the bit i was waiting for. Will do the shims soon.

001_zps1422e28a.jpg

Lots more dummy ups on the intake side too, lots of stuff hiding under the quads and plenum now. Vacuum tank, idle air control, fuel reg and lines, throttle cable, water lines and all the wires. not much room left. Just need some ally welds and i can bolt all this up for good.

004_zps1ce9f69f.jpg

005_zps37fcfbc4.jpg

003_zps238b353d.jpg

006_zpsc7b3b7fe.jpg

• Upvote 1

woow this works are amazing.... :2thumbs:

the thing, i felt in love in heaps is your dash cluster works..... :yes:

that cream colour is pure beauty.....Did you paint them ???? or use any vinyl dye??

It looks really immaculate with that color.... :hug:

but sure you will have to protect it.... because it will be easily get dirty...

great works.... keep it up..

Thanks guys!

The dash is acrylic, colour matched to my seat vinyl, it also has 'flattener' added, and 'flex', so its a matte finish and can be sprayed on flexible surfaces as well.

I always prefer 2 pack paint, but it can't be flattend to this level easily.

Yep Reed, hopefully autoone is still happening when this hits the road, my brothers v8 turbo hr will be at the next meet I'm pretty sure.