Matts Ke30......sr20det

thanks mate!

found the fuel supply issue, did a flow test on the holley lift pump, it was pumping out less than a litre per minute, yikes! Aeromotive 40 micron pre-filter not blocked. Pulled the bottom off the pump, the pump has a tiny mesh pre-filter of its own that is pressed in with a metal ring and loctite of some sort. So the metal ring has gone real rusty and the loctite stuff broken down, between both issues the little filter was really blocked, i could barely breath through it. So its now removed and all cleaned up, the pump has to have a 40 micron pre-filter so now the aeromotive has the job of doing that by itself. Flow test attempt no.2 was 4 litres in 20 sec, now thats better!!

Finished off my radiator overflow bottle, sadly these are the only photos i have of anything.

IMG_2420_zps67379bb2.jpg

IMG_2421_zps53dcdd82.jpg

IMG_2422_zps64d10db8.jpg

Also sprayed the fuel tank with black plasti-dip, looks so much better, definately going to spray it properly with 2 pack.

Installed sun visors, this was a heap of fun with the roll cage, they do sqeeze up in between the cage and roof lining though so out of my face, and can be pulled out to actually work as well.

Got the car a roadworthy today, passed no problems. :h5:

Would have went and got rego but the radiator has sprung a leak! looks to be a crack so will have to pull that and have a look.

car is booked for another dyno session on the 1st of september, things to sort out before then:

1. turbo housing bolts missing - replace + loctite

2. check turbo oil restictor is there and correct.

3. fix cat converter...

4. boost control plumbing as per mattys instructions

5. fix radiator leak

6. change trans fluid

7. change trans temp sender location

8. 4 bar map sensor installed

9. higher rated/ less melted fuse holder for twin pumps

Members dont see this ad

thanks heaps guys, I'm loving this end of the project.

sunvisors installed, they are off a later corolla, the ke30 ones had a different shaped bar so didnt really work with the cage, these still got the hacksaw treatment on the side that is not visable.

IMG_2424_zps9018a3f2.jpg

sprayed the fuel the fuel tank in black plastidip, look so much better, it will happen soon in 2 pack.

IMG_2429_zpse20f581f.jpg

IMG_2426_zps4fc7322d.jpg

radiator overflow all mounted up with nutsert and all that, the bracket isnt really pretty but you really need to kink your neck to see the bracket under there.

IMG_2432_zps3f2ddfee.jpg

IMG_2433_zpsece62319.jpg

It was a really rainy saturday this weekend, so i really got some stuff done on this.

First was the exhaust, it had some flow problems that the tuner pointed out to me at the front of the pipe, and i really wanted to change the rear muffler too, for looks, and because its way louder than i want it.

I picked up a bit of pipe and a muffler from the local exhaust shop.

IMG_2442_zpsf5d2610d.jpg

pulled exhaust off, and cut it where it i needed to.

IMG_2440_zpsc6900c5e.jpg

IMG_2448_zps521496a7.jpg

IMG_2438_zps0e0835dd.jpg

IMG_2437_zpsca778654.jpg

it was a mission especially trying to tack it with a tig, man i hate doing zorst work, if only scotty was closer. I had to adjust the tailpipe a fair bit because the new muffler is not straight through.

all done, painted in calliper paint.

IMG_2451_zps89ffe3be.jpg

IMG_2450_zpsd8cd2b20.jpg

IMG_2449_zps6d11894d.jpg

all done

IMG_2454_zps97025512.jpg

IMG_2455_zpsf57e0f85.jpg

Dropped the auto pan to change the oil, and to weld in a temp sensor bung, and drain bung.

IMG_2453_zpsb7bc1b6b.jpg

IMG_2456_zps91c3edb1.jpg

I also re-plumbed to boost controller to the wastegate, as per dyno tuners instructions.

I also got the radiator back from the shop, they did a realy neat job of fixing a awkward spot to get at, really impressed.

IMG_2436_zps7b934330.jpg

IMG_2445_zps63c51d5a.jpg

IMG_2444_zps9a577540.jpg

The beast now has full rego. and shannons insurance 25k. I still need to finish the hinged fuel filler rear numberplate bracket but its nearly done, making it out of stainless.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

thanks heaps mate. I learnt to weld on a mig, my old man is a real good welder but i taught myself after he refused to weld stuff for me anymore. My mig died recently so I bought a tig instead, mostly because i wanted to be able to weld alloy, stainless, and steel. I hadnt used a tig before but the skills seem to transfer over really quickly, i would love to have a mig as well but a mig and a tig use different gasses, so i do only use a tig these days. a mig is great for quick bulk welding, and for awkward spots and there are times i really miss that. But the tig is just so much better for everything else, so neat, such flawless continuity in the welds. If you find yourself on the sunny coast you are welcome to come and test drive my tig, i have plenty of scrap to practise on.

Hey thanks Matt id love to take you up on that sometime.

I really just want to be able to fabricate brackets, repair my car body and maybe learn to weld exhaust pipe properly, then Ill move up to more exotic materials. I think my main motivation is to not be delayed all the time by fabricators and to learn more skills, so anything I can pick up from more experienced welders is a great thing.

^This.

Only reason I don't have one is lack of room. I might buy a small cheap MIG anyway for little things.

I usually get a mate to do my welding but he is Southside Brisbane which is a hike for 1/2 an hours welding. Mind you he is a TIG god.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Hey thanks Matt id love to take you up on that sometime.

I really just want to be able to fabricate brackets, repair my car body and maybe learn to weld exhaust pipe properly, then Ill move up to more exotic materials. I think my main motivation is to not be delayed all the time by fabricators and to learn more skills, so anything I can pick up from more experienced welders is a great thing.

Cool sounds good, just pm for my number, of the 3 things you mention the rust repairs are the hard one - thin sheetmetal.

BTW AutoOne is on next Friday. Hope to see you there if I can bolt mine back together in time.

Autoone sounds good to me, my 2nd visit to the tuner is this monday, if that goes well i will be there.