My Ke20 Now With 5k Lpg Turbo Power !!!!!

loupee

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work Sash! :hmm: Nobody can say that you haven't done anything different, as that would have to be one of the first K I've seen running on gas (excluding fork lifts), let alone a boosted one!! :yes:

Got any pics of the ex mani out of the car?

And is that a T28? judging by the bent actuator rod. Whats lag like?

Oh and you have got the oil feed directly on top yeah? hard to see with the water lines there too.

Nah no pics of exhaust mani out of the car but it is a std ke70 manifold with the "j" coming from the hot box section, yeah its a t28 and i want a t25 because the lag is getting annoying, the oil feed is on top i just spun the core around. its been ALOT of work but i was worth it, i've had it upto 16psi at 7500 rpm and it flew. i was originally going to leave it EFI but fuel prices suck and i love gas because its so easy and runs very well with boost all you need to do is run the balance line from the converter to the mixer and as soon as boost hits it opens up the converter and pumps more gas in.

16psi ona ceramic wheel? Thats pushing it a bit!

What condition is your tubo in? I may be persuaded to swap you my overrated T25G if its good!! Hits full boost on mine at like 3000rpm or less!!

Oh and you burnt out the hot box gasket yet!? hahah. That was the biggest problem I used to have with the J-pipe setup - Stock hotbox and flange gaskets! :yes:

16psi ona ceramic wheel? Thats pushing it a bit!

What condition is your tubo in? I may be persuaded to swap you my overrated T25G if its good!! Hits full boost on mine at like 3000rpm or less!!

Oh and you burnt out the hot box gasket yet!? hahah. That was the biggest problem I used to have with the J-pipe setup - Stock hotbox and flange gaskets! :y:

Thats why you don't run hotbox and flange gaskets, on 23psi they would last 10 mins. Just mig weld them

all together like vl turbos weld wastegates onto stock manifolds and you'll never have another problem!

cheers

darren

simon the turbo is a s15 bb t28 with steel wheel not ceramic and it's in very good condition, I'm interested in a swap though, wait till i get a new gas converter and get my mixtures correct, not at 15 on boost!!!! and 20 at idle which is stupid lean. also the hotbox/j-pipe gasket is copper and seals sweet as.

:y: Deffinately let me know about swapsies dude, I'll even pay freight both ways since your turbs is a bit better!!! :y:

My T25G was re-built befor I started using it, done maybe 200km so far so its still in perfect condition. No play or leaks obviously.

Was going to suggest a custom copper gasket it you were just using a stock one. Temper (sp?) them properly and you won't have an issue.

And while still on the subject of gaskets, are you using a permaseal 1 piece manifold gasket (part number EM30)? They're listed as extractor gaskets and last about 4 times as long as a shitty 2 piece ACL item. :hmm:

ok, part no. em30 is no longer available and i had 1 on there and it still burnt out, BUT i'll let you in on a little secret, and that is the genuine toyota head gasket and ex/inlet manifold gasket are the shit, the head gasket is graphite and weighs about twice as much as a monotorque piece of shit and the ex/inlet gasket is a work of art, it's a 1 piece pressed stainless with another piece of stainless around the exhaust ports and pressed carbon steel around the inlet ports, the best thing about it is you can keep on re using it and it will never burn out and it cost me $36

:hmm: thanks for the tip! :y: Neather actually thought of even asking about genuine inlet/ex gaskets.

What size are the inlet ports on the genuine gasket? normal or big port? You know how the EM30 are all bigport.

And how big is the extra stainless bit around the ex ports? Casue I just ported mine and will need to match the gasket.

I buy so many EM30's my price at Bursons is now $6.50 each :y:

it has big ports the same as em30. i can't believe you can still get the em30, i tried everyone and i work for repco and they said it is now a deleted line, I'm glad though cause the toyota gasket is awesome and i never would have found out about it if i could still get the em30.

i just found the part no. its: TO1717213050, i hope this helps