Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Haha thanks guys.

Doogs - There is roughly 100mm difference between diffs and it definitely needs some shortening. Making for a very expensive conversion!

Adam - The whole point of this conversion is to do just that :jamie:

Evan - I'm gald you liked my cars, so sorry i didn't have the bit you were looking for.

Members dont see this ad

So.... Friday and Saturday were good for progress on all fronts of the conversion. During the course of the week i sent of my wiper arms to get polished and the plates on the firewall to get chromed.

On Friday i sorted out the gearshift from the w56 gearbox. This involved taking off the sleeve/insulator then using the oxy to straiten the factory bend and then creating another bend further down, almost exactly the same to an original k-series shifter. I spent hours with the file, fine sand paper and autosol to get it looking nice and shiny. While i had the autosol out i also cleaned up my wiper motor. Also sent off the r31 diff to get shortened and my mounts welded on, and it should be coming back sometime next week.

On Saturday (yesterday) i sorted out the hydraulic clutch setup. Did this by removing the clutch pedal and fabricating a bracket on the correct angle for the master cylinder. I cut the hole in the firewall for the master (using the original bolt holes) and bent up a steel pipe to join to the slave cylinder.

Here are some progress pics :lol:

post-2153-1277609502_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609531_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609577_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609643_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609679_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609709_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609732_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1277609791_thumb.jpg

UPDATE

Made plenty of progress today. The old man fitted removed the dummy fitted gearbox and fitted the clutch while i got stuck into some fiddly bits. With the gearbox refiited I sorted out the center console which proved to be a little more complicated than i thought. Ended up cutting and die grinding it so that the shifter would clear when in 1st, 3rd or 5th gears. Also sorted out the rubber boot and dust shield as they were mis-matched to the size of the shifter. All in all a good day of progress.

Still no word on when my diff comes back though :hmm:

post-2153-1278159732_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1278159780_thumb.jpg

The cutout goes unnoticed unless you are told about it which i'm pretty happy with.

I'm glad I look in here today!!!

I actually went to put a centre console in Tar finally last weekend. I bolted it in, and then went to run the car back in the shed. Couldn't get 1st, 3rd of 5th either because of the angle of the T50 shifter. I was thinking about heating a bending the shifter a bit to clear it, or modifying the console (in a different way to what you did). Think I'll just give this a crack first. :hmm:

I'm glad I look in here today!!!

I actually went to put a centre console in Tar finally last weekend. I bolted it in, and then went to run the car back in the shed. Couldn't get 1st, 3rd of 5th either because of the angle of the T50 shifter. I was thinking about heating a bending the shifter a bit to clear it, or modifying the console (in a different way to what you did). Think I'll just give this a crack first. :hmm:

Go for it Si. Once I put it in the car you can't even tell. Post up some pics of your mods too after.