Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad
matt, is that a k40 or k50? if its a k50, is it outta a ke30/55?

He said what it is...... W56 from a KR42R townace. :) Biggest gearbox you can put behind a K. Bigger than both my K-T and K-W(50).

Edited by Taz_Rx

Hey dude... Loving your ride one of the neatest I have seen!!!

one question, those wheels.. I love them they are the same sort of style i was thinking of maybe getting for my ke20 what are the specs and where did you get them from?

Hey dude... Loving your ride one of the neatest I have seen!!!

one question, those wheels.. I love them they are the same sort of style i was thinking of maybe getting for my ke20 what are the specs and where did you get them from?

Thanks mate. All i know is that they are a BSA 5 spoke and the sizing is 16 x 7" as they were a present from my old man. I'll try and get some more details for you.

Evan i'll let you know about the shifter but i'm most likely hanging onto it.

Thanks mate. All i know is that they are a BSA 5 spoke and the sizing is 16 x 7" as they were a present from my old man. I'll try and get some more details for you.

Evan i'll let you know about the shifter but i'm most likely hanging onto it.

will $50 change your mind? + free entry to my ke30/55 parts warehouse? :)

Got a fair bit of work done yesterday in terms of fitting it up :)

I dummy fitted the gearbox in and came to the realisation that it is huge and there is no way i'm getting a u shaped bracket from the top to clear. Ssince that is out of the question i'm now moving the original crossmember back (utilising extra factory holes in the shell) and mounting an old falcon auto mount on top, which will be bolted to two L-shaped brackets back to back going through the back of the extension housing. Then further ahead as an extra measure will be something similar to a tailshaft loop just for peace of mind.

Here are some average pics off my phone as i began to dummy fit the box (you can see the orange jack) and then after, sitting as it will when completed i took a shot of the shifter housing location.

Matt.

post-2153-1276306954_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1276306985_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1276307117_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1276307146_thumb.jpg

Is that just the stock 30/55 shifter position?

And how's the tunnel clearance?

Yeh Si, no mods have been made to the shifter hole in the body at all. Tunnel clearance is tight (as you'd expect) but nothing alarming. There wont be an issue of the gearbox touching the body if that's what you meen. The hardest obstacle is sorting out the situation for the gearbox crossmember. No progress today but i should be chipping away at it this week :P