Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad
just make sure you get a decent offset so they fill out the guards well, your current wheels would look heaps better if they sat out a little more especially at the rear IMO

Agreed.

Same goes for the new rims, will look tops if they are the right offset.

how did u get out of the car when your parked in the middle of a F**K off sized puddle?

thinking you brought your wellingtons?

sweet picks,

the new wheels idea is cool, IMO they really only look 100% on cars with flares and dropped to the weeds.

if your coughing up 900 for them you might want to do some more measuring and reasearch.

cheers, scott

Haha, i was really smart as i got someone else to take them while i hid out of view inside the car!

Really appreciate everyones opinions on the wheels. Keep it coming. (i can take positive and negative feedback too!)

Matt.

• 1 month later...

A sort of non-update update if you like. Blew the diff on the weekend unfortunately. This means no more looking for old school wheels and now started hunting for an r31 skyline diff (to be shortened and fitted with lsd) and townace w56 gearbox (means converting to a hydraulic clutch).

Let the hunting, spending and customising begin/continue.

Matt.

A sort of non-update update if you like. Blew the diff on the weekend unfortunately. This means no more looking for old school wheels and now started hunting for an r31 skyline diff (to be shortened and fitted with lsd) and townace w56 gearbox (means converting to a hydraulic clutch).

Matt.

explain how?

Matt.

sounds like my (suspended) shopping list for the 26 :lolcry:

best of luck Matt

Do you agree he should put a w56 in his car?

55/7/8 should is the same bellhousing

Nah thats not what I'm saying, just ellaborating on why he has said thats what he'll use.

I've never really had a lot to do with alloy case W's so I (and I'm sure Matt) am more than happy to take some advise from you on the ratios etc from personal experience. :lolcry:

I've never really had a lot to do with alloy case W's so I (and I'm sure Matt) am more than happy to take some advise from you on the ratios etc from personal experience. :lolcry:

that's about it :lolcry:

(in my mind it works, following the plan set out below)

finding a w56 will mean there's a 99% chance of it having a K-W bellhousing on it.

once matt has this, he can get a gearbox crossmember fabricated as well as a tailshaft to suit both it and the nissan diff.

while the fabrication is happening, he can keep looking for a 55/57/58 while his pennies are being saved.

dF