Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad

Cheers for the comments guys. yeah, the engine bay is far from where i'd like it to be but hey it's no show car (but at least it looks decent in the pictures). Yes, kangaroosa we did away with the socks but don't worry i still have them and thanks for setting me up with your lovely dellortos mate. :D

The springs will hopefully be going in monday or tuesday providing the new shockers come in as promised. I can't wait.

The car is so bloody awesome to drive now and it has smooth accessible power throughout the rev-range. i tried to upload a vid on youtube but it doesn't seem to upload. so i might wait until i have a better quality video.

Matt.

looking fantastic dude!

want to hit you up with a few questions about your engine too

my exp. is mainly t engine .. lol

will chat with you next time i see you on msn

-michael

No probs mate, anytime.

hey bud realy nice car thought it was mine when i fist saw the pics. looking to put a 7k in mine, just want to find out a few things.ive only had mine about a month :dance:

michael

Thanks buddy, yes even today there are still a few getting around exactly like mine used to be although most have a little bit more rust now! We'll you can look through this thread for information and then do a search as there are a couple of other topics on this site with info that will come in handy. You can pm me with questions if you like too.

Thanks.

Matt.

hey car is lookin great, and the engine is jus so god damn clean! how the hell do you do it? lol

wish i had the money for dellorto's, otherwise i would be straight out with the 32/36 and in with them haha.

lookin at ur car makes me wanna spend more money on mine haha, but i thinkin of a ke70 sometime.....

and i was jus wonderin, instead of modifying 7k sump can u put a 5k sump on it to avoid modifying 7k sump?

and maybe if u need to, possibly put in a different oil pick up to suit the sump....? :dance:

Edited by Palmy

• 3 weeks later...
and i was jus wonderin, instead of modifying 7k sump can u put a 5k sump on it to avoid modifying 7k sump?

and maybe if u need to, possibly put in a different oil pick up to suit the sump....? :yes:

No, 5k sump will not fit as the 7k block is marginally wider. It really isn't that hard to modify the sump if you have someone who can weld.

hey were did u get the pipe for the pod filter and fittings?

Pod filter and expandable intake piping can be bought from any place like Autobarn or supercheap or repco. As for the stainless pipe we had that lying around the garage so cut it to size and polished it. To connect it all together we simply used hose clamps. If you were in Melbourne i could sell you the complete set up.

here's a shitty pick of how it's sitting now.

post-2153-1222600121_thumb.jpg