Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adam's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O

O

 

 

omg please don't, imo i don't think those mirrors suit the 70 shape, you need the square ones, they are too old

 

 

 

 

:P Haha, don't worry, I would never put a scope or scoop on my car. :P

 

Yeah, I bought these mirrors only because I saw them, I didn't think it through and wasn't a fan of them at first, but it's grown on me.

 

Which mirrors are you talking about? Personally not a fan of those Starlet mirrors on eBay and the ones that do look good cost $200+. :wink:

Edited by adam-__-

  • Replies 326
  • Views 285.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rad looking car, must be a pretty quick little thing. tho i don't know how you can be bothered putting up with all the tyre rub and clearance issues. nice work, keep it clean and subtle :y:

  • Author

Thanks, Jamie. The car doesn't go too bad at all. Definitely enough power to have some fun in.

 

The tyre rubbing is annoying, but you get over it and you don't really notice it much. I guess it's similar to driving with a locked diff. At first it's frustrating to drive, but then you get used to it. There's been a few times where I just wanted to sell the wheels off though. Just get something a little less aggressive and something that doesn't rub. haha.

  • Author

My locked diff has been removed! ;)

 

Some/most people would probably call me a pussy for taking it out, but I got over it. I don't really slide this thing much/at all, it makes bullshit noises, hops when taking a turn and has killed tyres I just purchased recently. Only advantage I saw was that I didn't get stuck on driveways when one of my wheels lift off the ground. Disadvantages outweighed the advantages so out it went.

 

Next thing to be removed/replaced is the Sierra shocks. I need some droop so that my wheels stay on the ground when going into driveways. :) I'll be purchasing some Commodore wagon shock next I think. Might even down grade spring rates all round, not sure yet. The last mountain drive I did, the car seemed to hop around quite a bit, but I think the locker had a factor in it. Will give another drive and decide from there I guess..

 

Oh I'll also be purchasing some 86 power steering arms, not so much for the extra steering lock, but for the steering speed.

 

Car's now aimed at a more comfortable daily hills drive type car. Don't know why I had it setup for drift to be honest, wasn't really ever into it. :y:

My locked diff has been removed! ;)

 

Some/most people would probably call me a pussy for taking it out, but I got over it. I don't really slide this thing much/at all, it makes bullshit noises, hops when taking a turn and has killed tyres I just purchased recently. Only advantage I saw was that I didn't get stuck on driveways when one of my wheels lift off the ground. Disadvantages outweighed the advantages so out it went.

 

Next thing to be removed/replaced is the Sierra shocks. I need some droop so that my wheels stay on the ground when going into driveways. ;) I'll be purchasing some Commodore wagon shock next I think. Might even down grade spring rates all round, not sure yet. The last mountain drive I did, the car seemed to hop around quite a bit, but I think the locker had a factor in it. Will give another drive and decide from there I guess..

 

Oh I'll also be purchasing some 86 power steering arms, not so much for the extra steering lock, but for the steering speed.

 

Car's now aimed at a more comfortable daily hills drive type car. Don't know why I had it setup for drift to be honest, wasn't really ever into it. :)

 

 

Nice to see you've worked it out.

 

They handle great if you install suspension that actually works.

 

:y:

  • Author

The conversion from 'drift' setup to 'street' setup has begun.

 

I've just purchased a new pair of shocks for the rears. I ended up getting the Commodore wagon shocks. After quite a bit of research, these were the best option for my rear's ride height and budget.

 

86 power steering arms have also been purchased, these can be used for the extra lock it provides over the standard arms, but I got them for their quicker steering.

 

And something not related, I also got a gasket set to suit the 4AGE. Time to replace the valve stem seals once and for all.

 

This means I've got a pair of Sierra shocks up for sale and a pair of standard 86 steering arms if anyone's in need of it. My front 8kg 210mm free height springs could also be up for grabs.

 

I'll be attending a dyno day down here in Melbourne and will try and see how much power my car's putting out. ;) Hoping for at least 70 killer wasps or more under the rears wheels.

 

Will keep everyone updated.

Edited by adam-__-

  • Author

It's the 3 rid block as far as I know.

 

And the dyno today, I got... there late. So didn't get a chance for a run. Maybe next time.

 

My new rear shocks have also been installed and so far with normal street driving, I've noticed a little less wheel rubbage. I'm thinking the Sierra's were holding the springs down lower or something. Not too sure. Edit: I've also got droop in my rear suspension now! It's got similar/same amount front and rear (about 80mm). Springs are no longer captive, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as my car's not airborne for 5sec+. :)

 

My power steering arms are expected to arrive on Monday, so hopefully those will be in by Monday night.

 

My gasket set arrived on Thursday also, but I can't start changing the valve stem seals just yet. I need to get my hands on a valve keeper removal/installer tool which I'll be borrowing off a member on Toymods.

Edited by adam-__-

  • Author

Cheers mate.

 

 

Alright, power steering arms are now in. Wasn't as straight forward as I'd hope it would be. Had a little trouble taking the old steering arms off the tie rods.

 

Here's a gif to show you the differences in lock. I purchased the power steering arms for the quicker steering and you can tell there's a difference already. Steering's gone a bit heavier but no big deal.

 

lockxy6.gif

 

Smallest lock is standard, second is with the lock spacers (URAS slip on items) and the final and most lock is from the power steering arms as well as the lock spacer. The most lock was achieved from the power steering arms, but they set me back $150 compared to the slip ons, $20. You get what you pay for.

 

 

I've got the valve stem removal tool on Thursday, will be replacing the seals tomorrow hopefully.

man your rocketing along, i'm catching up tho :y:

 

how tight is your turning circle ahahaha

 

get some picies of the valvestem job

Well done mate that looks wicked

  • Author

Thanks for the comments guys.

 

It's crazy how tight my U-turns are now. It doesn't feel right having the car turn so much. :P

 

Valve stem seals won't be done today, I killed my back last night and can barely move without these sharp pains. :y:

 

I'll take a few photos though, was thinking of doing a set by step guide, but there's really no need. Look below.

 

http://www.aeu86.org/index/engine-diy-4age...4156/post=75407

 

 

Currently bidding on a Nardi Classic steering wheel and waiting on bank details of a guy who I hopefully will be getting a fixed back driver seat off.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.