67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Did some work on the car yesterday, fitted the leaf guard, quarter panel and the rest of the chrome trim on the drivers side. Will fit the passenger side up today then I'll take some pics.

I'm thinking about not putting the red stripes on now, she looks so sexy with just the chrome strips :jamie:

Man the quarter panel was a bitch to get on with the leaf guard in place!!

Was going to fit the front end up, but I have to wait until the thermo fan is fitted. might look at that today.

Members dont see this ad

Ok, fitted both leaf guards, front quarter panels, front apron, grill, thermo fan and the rest of the chrome strips... feels like I'm finally making progress again!

Went to fit the arial only to discover the hole is no longer there :) will have to re-drill (as with the quarter panel badges and the boot lid trim).

Gave her a wash, she looks damn sexy :)

Here's some pics (before the wash):

gallery_4749_89_1380319.jpg

gallery_4749_89_1308486.jpg

gallery_4749_89_1387152.jpg

Also, the new stereo arrived, works great looks fantastic :P

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Aerial? Are you crazy? Why drill a hole to put an aerial back on? I had all my holes filled on purpose to clean the car up. I think aerials are ugly ugly ugly. There are other options these days in order to get radio reception. Same with my badges etc.... all holes filled. Cleeeeeaaaaaaan. Just my style though. I gotta say I am very happy to see this project moving forward again. Seems the thought of coming to Adelaide for a big KE1x orgy (I mean photoshoot/cruise) has got you motivated. :)

I doubt it was factory, but I'll give it a go :)

I'm thinking I might just leave all the badges that don't have holes off for now, can always put them on later.

I have a boot lid spoiler for my KE20 which looked like a scale version of the GTR XU-1 Bobtail when I sat it on the KE10... might see if I can get that modded to fit instead of drilling holes to fit the badge.

I'll get some mock-up pics of it when I get a chance.

WOW!!!! Man thats looking great!!

About the Galant and the aerial thing I've actually been wondering where mine was. Next time I'm out that way I'll check but it could be in the boot. The old original AM radio still works so it must be connected.

post-1158-1255929466_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1255929492_thumb.jpg

I like how my Subaru has its on the rear window as part of the demister. Your KE would be pre rear window demisters so you would have alot of space to play with.

Aerial? Are you crazy? Why drill a hole to put an aerial back on? I had all my holes filled on purpose to clean the car up. I think aerials are ugly ugly ugly. There are other options these days in order to get radio reception. Same with my badges etc.... all holes filled. Cleeeeeaaaaaaan. Just my style though. I gotta say I am very happy to see this project moving forward again. Seems the thought of coming to Adelaide for a big KE1x orgy (I mean photoshoot/cruise) has got you motivated. :)

+1. Shaved aerial, badge and other holes often clean the look up a great amount.

Lol at the XU-1 comment Ken, might need a nice lumpy cam for that!