Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

OK, Brake booster. Anyone know what fits on with the least hassle??

 

Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual circuit master cyl.

  • Author
Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual circuit master cyl.

Mildly worked 5k... I think it will need a booster to pass pits?

Go the RA galant dual curcuit master cyl ken, thats what i run and its stops real good (youve seen the vids from sunday).

 

don't need a booster for pits mate,didnt come with one don't have to have one.

 

MAtt

  • Author

Fantastic... new shopping list:

 

KE20 Caliper Rebuild Kit or KE55 Calipers

RA Galant Dual Curcuit Master Cylinder

I've got a booster in mine mounted to the strut tower. It's a real pain in the arse, takes up a lot of room and with the dells I can't be bothered trying to plumb it up. Not only that but it looks very messy. Take a look in my rides thread.

 

I'm going to pull it out soon I think.

  • Author

Had a look, definately doesn't look too crash hot. Will stick with the bigger master cylinder.

Thanks.

  • Author

No one in WA sells RA Galant parts!! :lolcry:

 

Anyone able to get their hands on the twin brake master?

 

 

 

 

On another note, planning to build the engine next weekend! Sooo close!

No one in WA sells RA Galant parts!! :lolcry:

 

Anyone able to get their hands on the twin brake master?

 

 

 

 

On another note, planning to build the engine next weekend! Sooo close!

 

Ken

 

I got mine from an old bunky wreckers in jandakot mate, was very lucky to get it and it was in recon condition.

 

Thats probably your best chance.

 

MAtt

  • Author

Yeh, I tried 1 wrecker... will have to search a little more.

 

I think I'm just going to get her up and running with stock drum brakes and worry about that later... not much choice at this time.

  • Author

Ke70 brakes & master to be fitted next weekend.

 

Hope to have the engine in next weekend. Have to go with the 2 Spd Toyoglide as the 3spd that came with the 5K won't fit in the tunnel. :P

 

If I can get the engine in, windows in, brakes fitted, interior in, and trim on by the end of next weekend... I'll be a very happy chappy :hmm:

 

Edit: I also stripped back a few parts of the engine bay I wasn't happy with (including the big crack below the VIN plate), and have put the first coat of primer over them. All the imperfections were caused by primer not being sanded properly or oil still being on the panels, nothing wrong under the paint. Should all come up perfect.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Sweeeeeta

I want to go to Perth When your all finished just to see it, Good to see your progress

Douggeh.

Dude sweet as ride your getting there! Would love to get my hands on a lovely old resto job to do... just can't afford to do such a smick job :) lol... can't wait to see the final product! an its in good ole WA too :(

YOu talking for the Ke20 calipers or the Ke55 Calipers??

 

KE20 Rebuild Kit, FRONT WHEEL Kit-Caliper (Min) 01/1971 - 12/1974 SEDAN, DISC/DRUM Part Number K1180S .

  • Author

Nearly finished putting the engine back together...

 

gallery_4749_89_140606.jpg

gallery_4749_89_813779.jpg

gallery_4749_89_162499.jpg

gallery_4749_89_342341.jpg

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.