Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Did some work on the car yesterday, fitted the leaf guard, quarter panel and the rest of the chrome trim on the drivers side. Will fit the passenger side up today then I'll take some pics.

I'm thinking about not putting the red stripes on now, she looks so sexy with just the chrome strips :jamie:

 

Man the quarter panel was a bitch to get on with the leaf guard in place!!

 

Was going to fit the front end up, but I have to wait until the thermo fan is fitted. might look at that today.

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

Ok, fitted both leaf guards, front quarter panels, front apron, grill, thermo fan and the rest of the chrome strips... feels like I'm finally making progress again!

 

Went to fit the arial only to discover the hole is no longer there :) will have to re-drill (as with the quarter panel badges and the boot lid trim).

 

Gave her a wash, she looks damn sexy :)

 

Here's some pics (before the wash):

gallery_4749_89_1380319.jpg

gallery_4749_89_1308486.jpg

gallery_4749_89_1387152.jpg

 

 

Also, the new stereo arrived, works great looks fantastic :P

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Aerial? Are you crazy? Why drill a hole to put an aerial back on? I had all my holes filled on purpose to clean the car up. I think aerials are ugly ugly ugly. There are other options these days in order to get radio reception. Same with my badges etc.... all holes filled. Cleeeeeaaaaaaan. Just my style though. I gotta say I am very happy to see this project moving forward again. Seems the thought of coming to Adelaide for a big KE1x orgy (I mean photoshoot/cruise) has got you motivated. :)

  • Author

Lol, true about the motivation :)

 

I agree about the clean lines thing, but I want to try and keep the car looking original... not sure what to do.

 

I definately want the Corolla badges back on and the boot lid handle/trim thing back on.

 

Might give the aerial (I can't spell :P) a miss though.

Seriously ken, have a go at running aerial cable to a fat bolt on your boot hinge and see what it does. I don't know if my old car had it like that factory or if it was done by a previous owner, but it defintely worked.

  • Author

I doubt it was factory, but I'll give it a go :)

 

I'm thinking I might just leave all the badges that don't have holes off for now, can always put them on later.

 

I have a boot lid spoiler for my KE20 which looked like a scale version of the GTR XU-1 Bobtail when I sat it on the KE10... might see if I can get that modded to fit instead of drilling holes to fit the badge.

 

I'll get some mock-up pics of it when I get a chance.

WOW!!!! Man thats looking great!!

 

 

About the Galant and the aerial thing I've actually been wondering where mine was. Next time I'm out that way I'll check but it could be in the boot. The old original AM radio still works so it must be connected.

post-1158-1255929466_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1255929492_thumb.jpg

 

I like how my Subaru has its on the rear window as part of the demister. Your KE would be pre rear window demisters so you would have alot of space to play with.

  • Author

Ran the bobtail spoiler idea past a few people.... all said definitely no go. :P

 

So I won't bother... would be funny to turn the car into a miniature XU1 :)

Aerial? Are you crazy? Why drill a hole to put an aerial back on? I had all my holes filled on purpose to clean the car up. I think aerials are ugly ugly ugly. There are other options these days in order to get radio reception. Same with my badges etc.... all holes filled. Cleeeeeaaaaaaan. Just my style though. I gotta say I am very happy to see this project moving forward again. Seems the thought of coming to Adelaide for a big KE1x orgy (I mean photoshoot/cruise) has got you motivated. :)

 

+1. Shaved aerial, badge and other holes often clean the look up a great amount.

Lol at the XU-1 comment Ken, might need a nice lumpy cam for that!

  • Author

:) Read back a few pages.... it has a 5K with a very lump cam.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Lol, forgot about that :) for some reason I thought she still had the stocko engine/cam combo still..

That will teach me to not look at the build for a while !

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.