My Ke25 Project

toy74

Hi, my name is Tones ;) I bought my rolly about 5yrs ago and vowed to rebuild it soon as i got a chance. I put a 4k in it extracters,made coilovers with ke30 struts,ajustable lower control arms, flared the guards and put some FAT FEET under it,ke30 diff cause i couldn't find a 25 one at the time. She went great for a while but eventualy the little 4k just couldn't handle the pace.BANG. :bash:

I parked it in the car park outside my factory for 2 nights and some mongrel stole my bonnet and grill. :bash: It took 18mths to find a bonnet and ive yet to find a grill.If any one can help me on the grill it would be greatly appreciated.

Well she is completly dismantled now. i made a full roll cage and she is of to the sand blasters to rid it of any cancer and paint.

Got a 4AGE Twin carbs out of an ae86 off my mate :P :y: Can anyone tell me what type of gearbox to get? and is it worth putting a rear end out of ake70 or ae86,something like a 4 link i have the technoligy to do it.

here is a few pics and will post more soon

post-2621-1201777053_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1201777228_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1201777346_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1201777405_thumb.jpg

Edited by toy74

Members dont see this ad

well your eaest option with the gearbox is to get just a stock T series but they don't handle too well apprently on more than standerd engine depending on how you drive it ;)

go for the w series gearboxes i herd that you carnt break those with a 4agte but there probably too big and wont fit in the trans tunnel

i don't see how you'd break a t-50 (gearbox) with an n/a motor ;)

you'd have to be crunching gears or the box be totally farked to start with!

a w-55 or 57 or 58 would be abit excessive on an n/a motor! and just add un-unnecessary weight!

a t-series diff would be a good idea from ta22/ta23, ra23, t-18, ra40 (and theres probley more)

and i dunno about converting to a coil sprung rear end with a 4link, there would be ALOT of custom work!

nice. what colour is going to be?

Two tone metalic cream\choclate going to look like an old school race car but a streeter .going to get wide stock wheels made with low profile white white walls.

something allong those lines anyway . ;) ill try to photo shop a pic to see and post it :bash:

i don't see how you'd break a t-50 (gearbox) with an n/a motor ;)

you'd have to be crunching gears or the box be totally farked to start with!

a w-55 or 57 or 58 would be abit excessive on an n/a motor! and just add un-unnecessary weight!

a t-series diff would be a good idea from ta22/ta23, ra23, t-18, ra40 (and theres probley more)

and i dunno about converting to a coil sprung rear end with a 4link, there would be ALOT of custom work!

What if i got a smashed ae86 from auction and used all the running gear

I don't think a W series box will fit the tunnel, T50s arnt the strongest box, mine behind my 20Valve isnt too nice anymore, it grinds 2nd and 4th, and wont go back down to 2nd fast, and we all know i don't drive them that hard.

But untill mine shatters a gear or just falls out ill keep it going:P

I drew this pic of what it is going to look like. I think its a sweetass look, unique. :jamie: What do you all think?

I don't know what its going to look like in the flesh, but that's a pretty old school (1970's) looking paint job, which I think will look great, but not with the modern looking skirts, front splitter. IMHO that kit will go better with a more modern style paint scheme or loose the skirts, go bolt on flares and a more old school looking splitter design with that paint, maybe look at race cars from that era for inspiration on splitter design? Having said all that, the dissonance (?) between the old and new will certainly make the car stand out from the crowd, if you go ahead with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey yall, Just an update..

Got the rolly back from the blasters and primed it yesterday here is a few pics.Man alive its clean.

Blasted and primed all in about 9hrs. Would have taken two weeks to do it with paint stripper and it still would be dirty+rusty.

Found a bit of rust but nothing my welder can't fix.Oh and found a patch work Quilt in the front rail he he. :P

Used fine ground glass to blast it .

And primed it with epoxy 2k primer.

post-2621-1203500380.jpg

post-2621-1203500412.jpg

post-2621-1203500620.jpg

post-2621-1203500663.jpg

post-2621-1203500715.jpg

I made coilovers with ke30 struts and a king springs coil over kit. had to make lower control arms in order to fit the ke30 struts.

So i went to the local truck supply joint and got truck wheel nuts (left and right hand thread),had a bar machined up with left and right hand thead put it all together

and ended up with ujustable lower control arms her is a pic

post-2621-1203501769.jpg

post-2621-1203501819.jpg