Matts Sr20de Ke25

Yeh, thats the one, you were there hey?

Nah mate i had to bloody work... ;) I knew i would miss out on a bargain :y: :sob:

......no luck with the crown parts though :bash:

Have you tried Allan Taylor (Rising Sun Collectors Register) ? I think his number is 3267 5708 ??

Or classicrown.com ?

Members dont see this ad
Have you tried Allan Taylor (Rising Sun Collectors Register) ? I think his number is 3267 5708 ??

I havnt tried this one, thanks man :y:

nice find champ.

once the new engine is in, i give it 2 weeks, before u start making up custom turbo manifold for it dancing.gif

its only right.

cheers, scott

:bash: i hope youre not right, but i bet you are, its a bit too addictive i recon.

I'm trying to be a car restorer instead, cos its cheaper, but a little turbo never hurt anyone............... ;)

Well, i have done bit more progress on the little 25, have not worked this week due to the rain :S

The ke30 is now at the fabricators, so i have a bit of space, and time.

Also I finally got the 2k etch on the roof of the crown today too.

CIMG1442.jpg

CIMG1443.jpg

CIMG1454.jpg

CIMG1448.jpg

Anyways back to the ke25

I dragged the little 5k over to mount it on the engine stand, but due to not wanting to pull the clutch off (looks new),

i couldnt mount it.

After stripping all the goodies off though, i decided i could mount it sideways on there with 3 bolts. :P

CIMG1445.jpg

CIMG1444.jpg

CIMG1455.jpg

So i spent the entire day yesterday cleaning the mess of the thing to get it ready for paint.

Including all the little bits and peices.

CIMG1447.jpg

tomorrow the inlet manifold gets some attention

CIMG1446.jpg

Also scored a new part for the 'forced induction' side of things.

My brother is busy with his new 929 engine, and there are a few bits he doesnt want from the aristo half cut.

so i just scored an intercooler. :y:

CIMG1458.jpg

CIMG1456.jpg

I had a look at the turbo situation, and it seems theres no room.

I was going to stand the motor up to create room, but i think i may just go the little sc12 charger.... :sob:

Still undecided, depends how cheap each option comes up

Are you gunna make a proper manifold for it, or just do the j pipe thing? J pipe still works well if its made well!! :y:

You'll have slightly more room than I did due to the inlet mani design.

You could also make a manifold to put the turbo were my TDO4 used to be, and you've still got enough room to get the exhaust out. :S

Just had another look over your pics....

:y: maybe where your tdo4 used to be.

My inlet mani might have a bit more room, but I'm dealing with a ke25, so its a fair bit tighter than your 30 by the pics.

I think the new inlet mani might only just clear the car.

CIMG1461.jpg

CIMG1462.jpg

CIMG1463.jpg

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Ah yeah forgot about the ke2x bit. Madrolla managed to make some extractors into a mani pretty easy and that fits in his ke10 pretty well. I'll find you a pic or too.

Edit: piccies here....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...=8537&st=15

don't seem to be working at the mo, unless its just my lappy.

Interesting sump btw! pull it off and put a oil return fitting in it befor you put it in the car, but I probably don't need to tell you that. If it leaks at all the "kneed it" is your friend. :'(

Edited by Taz_Rx

Yeh, the sump is pretty ugly, it was out of a suzuki 4x4, so it was made to clear the diff apparently.

:'( thanks for the link, they don't seem to seem to be working at the moment, will check again later but.

I think at this stage the little supercharger seems to be easier,

i also have to consider that the computer that i have purchased an old screwdriver adjustable microtech, so tuning would have to be more possible with the supercharger.

the performance of the turbo would be at least double what the charger would make though,

which brings the turbo back in to the picture.......... :lol:

It is a disease hey, couldnt stop if we had to :'(

Yeh, i have two brothers who have their projects on the go, theyre a bit smarter though, cos they have only one project each.

My younger bro is doing a 2jztt into a mid 80s mazda 929 luxo barge.

And my older bro has that V8 hr holden in my signiture with the gt42 on it.

I'm most excited about the hr, ive never been in a car with that sort of power and torque before, but hes taking his damn time.

In fact the fastest car ive been in is mine, which sucks, i think next powercruise i will just walk around and ask randoms for a ride. :lol: