Which Is Better For Khanacross??? 3k Or 4k

Mighty tas rolla

hi i am looking a building up a car to do a bit of competion khana cross i was wondering which engine out of the 4k and 3k would be more bullet proof in not having major repairs done all the time also i have read the faq but it is not making alot of sense i was wondering what specific things i could do to get better preformance for rallying

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

all the K engines are quite bullet proof as far as engines go. so go the 4k for a bit of extra capacity. or if you can get your hands on a 5k, definately get that.

improvements all depend on how much you want to spend..

first of all, put extractors and a better exhaust on it.

get a better carburation system, aim for a single or duel 40mm webbers/dellortos.. or if your handy with a spanner, nut out a cheapo efi system for it. efi rocks |blink|

if funds still permit, get a mild camshaft and a new timing chain. don't overdo the cam, as you want as much low/midrange torque as possible. high end screamers with nothing down low are useless for khanacross/autocross/motorkhana etc.

so how much do you wanna spend.. oh and what sort of car.. 2tg/4age makes much more sense for racing if you have the cash.

Personal preference would be a 3K if you can not get a 5K but a 4K would be ok.

These are the specs from my old 5k

Extractors and 2" exhaust

cam

3kb carby set up (factory twins)

plus a few other things :y:

In a KE20 this was an extremely competitive combination with the ability to win outright.

hey there, i finished my full year in khanacross last year in my ke70, before you start modifying your car, check the class rules at the club you wish to race at. ive got a 4k with twin 40mm sidedraughts, cam, extractors and exhaust. and because i have changed the intake system, it puts me in class 3u at my club which puts me up against other similar cars with similar mods up to 2lt engine capacity. there for ive got 200b datos, 2lt eskies, geminies etc. if you want some good advice, spend what money you have on some harder springs which will help you slide, and some rally retreads, about 60 bucks each. plus ya helmet, extinguisher etc.

plus if you transplant a different motor it may also put you up a class staright away

ive heard a 32/36dgva weber is pretty much a bolt on cheap upgrade (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

the most important thing is to have fun

hope this helps

i can defenetly tell you a 4k will servive on hard revs for ages and also 5k goes very well as one of the other members at my car club has a extremely hot 5k which is the fastest in class and dude does it move along!! my advice go anything above 1.3 in a ke70

Edited by toyota_ae71

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it.

I ran a hot 3K for years very successfully against cars of much bigger capacity.

Yeah you prick. Still haven't forgiven you for your last motorkhana in Vic - stealing a class win from me :y: :S