Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitch's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author
looks hot mate

 

good on ya

 

Travis

Cheers.
get a lift kit for it
Ha-ha. :laff: I know, I know, it's sitting way too high... has been since the Superlites were put on. Getting RA60 struts/brakes/diff and lowering it next.

 

Haha... ignore the white bits...

post-5027-1224591909_thumb.png

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Replies 109
  • Views 45.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recommend XT130 struts and brakes rather than RA60 ones which mess with your suspension geometry.

You get big rotors and twin pots which work way better than the standard KE70 stuff.

There's also the option later to put RA60 vented discs with Cressida calipers on the corona struts.

- Phil

  • Author
I recommend XT130 struts and brakes rather than RA60 ones which mess with your suspension geometry.

You get big rotors and twin pots which work way better than the standard KE70 stuff.

There's also the option later to put RA60 vented discs with Cressida calipers on the corona struts.

- Phil

Nooo don't say that. :laff: I had it all planned out...

 

Define mess with?

go the corona strut, pug 604 rotors and hilux 4pot calipers, i just did that in my car

brakes.jpg

 

abit overkill for 5k, but its cheap and you wont have a problem stopping

  • Author

Ahh... read that thread and it's friggon confusing. :laff:

 

How much of a difference would I notice if I did chuck in the RA60 stuff?

 

I'm annoyed that I had it all ready but at the same time there's no point in doing it if it's going to cause me problems...

Hey dude i feel your pain. I bought RA60 struts and brakes years ago, never put em in and ive read alot against doing so.

 

 

BUT! ive also read that with camber tops and corolla lower control arms it is still possilble but camber will be like neg 1.

 

Maybe do that until you wanna do a different strut brake combo. than you will already have the other bits :laff:

 

Altho i know a guy who has been racing dirt/speeway cars since the 60's and he mentioned something about strut bending and it was a common practice.

Edited by Budowski

  • Author
Hey dude i feel your pain. I bought RA60 struts and brakes years ago, never put em in and ive read alot against doing so.

 

 

BUT! ive also read that with camber tops and corolla lower control arms it is still possilble but camber will be like neg 1.

 

Maybe do that until you wanna do a different strut brake combo. than you will already have the other bits :laff:

 

Altho i know a guy who has been racing dirt/speeway cars since the 60's and he mentioned something about strut bending and it was a common practice.

What did you end up putting in? I don't have the money to buy RA60 and then swap to something else later haha. Gotta make a decision and stick to it.

ae86.

with jdm rotors, caliper and pads.

cheaper than most stuff

and if you can afford the jdm rotors etc just have the adm ones in there for now.

think the rotors are bit thicker along with the pads on them over the ke70 ones.

 

me and garnett put mine in last night.

we f@$ked up a few things with the strut tops going on the stut and what not but it was fairly easy.

you can pick up ae86 struts fairly cheap, plus finding "performance" spring and shock combo is fairly easy. over other struts.

 

also, if you feel like spending big on brakes FC rx7 brakes can be made to fit with caliper mounting bracket or something like that, few guys have done that and would be almost certain to help you out with it.

 

5k should be able to pull up with standard brakes anyway.

and the geometry wont be put out.

 

 

hope that was off assistance man.

I recommend XT130 struts and brakes rather than RA60 ones which mess with your suspension geometry.

You get big rotors and twin pots which work way better than the standard KE70 stuff.

There's also the option later to put RA60 vented discs with Cressida calipers on the corona struts.

- Phil

 

 

when you say "suspension geometry" what are you talking about? this is a very large topic.

 

can you nail it down, using real terms?

 

Is it the Ackerman steering geometry you are talking about or the bump steer?or is it something else.

 

Chris

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Back bumper is now on thanks to Garnett and my cousin who is an awesome welder:

 

13.png

12.png

10.png

7-1.png

3-1.png

 

License plate lights are not working but shouldn't be too hard to fix I guess.

  • Author

Also, I took some pictures of the whole back bumper process and Garnett is going to make a How-To out of them. :jamie:

The main problem with RA60 struts is the king pin inclination angle/stub axle angle is different to the corolla's. So once installed, the front wheels will have positive camber.

 

I haven't installed the RA60 ones personally, but enough people have warned against them that I'd rather use XT130 ones. No camber plate/control arm fix required.

 

Phil

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Selling the Superlites... now it's sitting on csx stockies. Oh well... fully reconditioned 32/36 weber coming next week hopefully.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.