The Term "mint"

i tend to disagree with some of you, overrated is a word that people use to describe a car the same as they say that this car is SICK, WICKED, COOL, BULLSHIT (MEANS GOOD), TRIPPIN, SCHMICK, BOUNCIN, SWEET, TRICK. Its just how people speak these days. And according to the dictionary overrated is described as " Unused or appear to be newly made and never used." yes there is a conception that the word overrated would be a car that is totally original in its factory state, but i believe there are heaps of overrated cars around and people should be able to describe a car how they want, its called freedom of speech. if we were to use the word overrated as described in the dictionary, the only "overrated" cars would be the ones on the showroom floor forsale with no kilometers on them. but hey thats what i think.

the dictionary description says " Unused or appear to be newly made and never used."

it actually says appear to be newly made and never used

not never used or modified or original (which usually means nothing has been fixed)

if your car is so good use immaculate

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even new cars have k's on them when you buy them..

so the term overrated is hard to really classify..

say if you had a ke10 corolla that was original in everyway except had a 5k or 4k in it would it still be considered overrated ? or would that just be in good condition..

everybody has their own perception of what overrated means to them i guess

I to agree that the word " overrated " is used to lightly on many descriptions of peoples cars. overrated is AS IT LEFT THE FACTORY. overrated doesn't have rust, tears in the trim, cracks in the dash, or a dent in the beaver panel. Like i said in another post, i've had nearly 300 cars in the last 20 years and only one would i consider to be overrated, my 73 RX 4.Those who actually saw this car were amazed, the new owner who handed over $2#,000.00 for it couldn't believe the car was that good. I don't recon i've used the word overrated to describe any car i've posted on this forum, appart from this RX 4, and i've posted up a few good ones!.

My other pet hate is the use of the word " Original ", but we'll discuss that on another day!

post-834-1205143977.jpg

Even new cars have k's on them when you buy them..

so the term overrated is hard to really classify..

say if you had a ke10 corolla that was original in everyway except had a 5k or 4k in it would it still be considered overrated ? or would that just be in good condition..

everybody has their own perception of what overrated means to them i guess

Descibe it as being in good original condition except for the modifications, eg. 5K, extractors, bigger wheels etc.

When it comes to describing car i consider myself to be an expert. My everyday job is buying and selling late model cars, most of which is done mostly on description and never veiwing the car first. My descriptions have to be spot on, imagine how upset an intertate buyer would be when his $40,000 " overrated " condition BMW turns up and it a piece of shit, he'll be buying no more cars from me. Most of my buyers know if i tell them a cars good, when they get it its usually better than good.

Hey Gavclaasic, I believe it was you who gave me the idea for this thread actually. I also agree with your definition of the word overrated.

It may be that times have changed with which words we use, but myself personally, I feel we are americanised enough, without having to resort to gangsta talk to recognise a nice car from an original factory classic

i agree with what you are all saying when someone is selling a car and they have to describe it, but I'm also saying it is just how people talk these days, and when they are comenting about a car (Like reader rides), they should be able to say what they want. thats how i feel any way, i don't want to get up any ones nose

Mojito.

post-1955-1205232882.jpg

Ingredients:

- 1 1/2 oz light rum

- 1 tbs superfine sugar

- Lime wedges

- Club soda

- overrated sprigs

Muddle overrated leaves, superfine sugar and lime in a mixing glass. Add 1 1/2 oz light rum and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake. Strain the mixture into a tall glass and top with club soda. Garnish with fresh overrated sprig. Sugarcane syrup can be used to replace superfine sugar.

lol. yeah id have to say overrated would be a car in original (unmodifed) form and very close to the condition that it left the

showroom floor. iv seen many cars that are "pretty overrated" but very few that are truely overrated. you can't build a overrated car, you have to find it hidden somewhere unmolested and well stored, then try pry it off the owner for a large sum of cash:p

theres no way a pimped out ride is overrated! any major work on a pretty overrated car would make it restored car i reckon, but

minor work could pass for overrated?

back to the topic of mohitos i was at that club sugar in adelaide last weekend and the dj , driller ordered 3 mohitos so this cute little bartender whipped them up and driller took one sip and spat it out .... i was already on a another world so i kindly offered that me and my friends would drink those drinks for him and it worked. my friends and i all took a sip and it tasted so bad ( beeing that we were all ready drunk we slammed them down anyway) it was overrated!!! sorry that story was pretty minimal but i feel relieved getting it out. proceed.