Other Ke70 Wheels

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has had a go at fitting steel wheels from other cars such as a U12 Pintara. They have 14x5.5 P45.

I have had a go at fitting them to my KE70 and it seems like they will work well (a little tight around the strut without the spacer). Just need 195/55 R14 instead of the lager 195/65 R14 Pintara tyres.

The front will need a 5/10mm spacer to clear the Hilux brakes and get it a fraction further away from the struts.

The rear seems to fit perfectly.

I've run out of options for wheels so I figure this might be a good direction. Even some of the Hyundai wheels look as though they might fit.

Its either this or really wait and get a set of the "cheap" $600 alloys from Bob Jane. Another thought was S13 alloys?

I can't find any second hand alloys where I am or anything better.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Silvia wheels also need spacers on the front

Don't even bother with Hyundai or anything else FWD, the offset is waaay too positive

R31 skyline rims will fit no probs, also rwd bluebird (TRX ones are 15" and look quite nice)

Every datsun ever made, including the old Zeds

I think someone is trying to sell some sigma pepper pot rims in the for sale section which I really like. They look cool on KEs and are period correct IMO.

Look for wheels from Nissan RWD, Mitsubishi RWD, Toyota RWD. I have heard of another but I can't recall the make, euro I think.

My spare tyre is a 15x6J Nissan Steel Rim. Unsure of what car but I suspect it came from an early skyline.

Silvia wheels also need spacers on the front

Don't even bother with Hyundai or anything else FWD, the offset is waaay too positive

R31 skyline rims will fit no probs, also rwd bluebird (TRX ones are 15" and look quite nice)

Every datsun ever made, including the old Zeds

What size tyres do you have on the Silvia wheels, I'm guessing there the 15" S13 alloys?

I'm starting to sway towards them.

Thanks

u12 pintara wheels and s13 wheels will be far too much positive offset

i can't seriously believe you cannot get wheels there

MA61 wheel sets show up on toymods all the time and most people will post.

or for 1000 you can have your choice of konig rewind, superlite, performance challenger, konig b-bomb or others through suppliers i can put you in contact with, delivery to your door

• 2 weeks later...
u12 pintara wheels and s13 wheels will be far too much positive offset

i can't seriously believe you cannot get wheels there

MA61 wheel sets show up on toymods all the time and most people will post.

or for 1000 you can have your choice of konig rewind, superlite, performance challenger, konig b-bomb or others through suppliers i can put you in contact with, delivery to your door

Hey,

My original idea was actually superlites but I had to buy a laptop for tradeschool :D

I'll have to get onto toymod's then because I'd love some MA61's or even something good looking in 14"

I haven't been around here enough to catch some MA61's.

• 1 month later...

i grabbed some toyota 4stud van rims and got a wheel shop to weld in 2" to the outside lip. they do this to dirt track cars etc. so it went from a 14x5.5 to a 14x7.5 fit the ke70 perfect! nice and deep. just not road certified or anything heh