can't Decine On Which Engine Sr20 Or Fj20

drift pig

hi everybody I'm building a track drift car and can't deside on which engine to go with a sr20 or an fj20 it will be going into a flat nose quad hedlight ke70 corrola

iv been told that you can get big hp out of an fj with stock internals but finding 1 isnt so easy

but the sr is easy to find easy to get mounts 4 and easy to find more parts 4 not to metoin alot cheaper

so some advice would be much apreciated and if any 1 has done iether of these conversions could u plz give me a link to it or something along those lines

cheers

Members dont see this ad

No contest... FJ is the better engine, but as you say, finding one is tricky.

Even if you do, it'll need a rebuild with a few mods to realise its potential.

SR's are cheap and cheerful and a relatively straightforward swap.

Plenty of spinters getting around with SRs, and KE's too. Search this site and AE86DC for all the info you'll need.

I have not really read about an FJ20 before. Though I have read up a little on the SR20's.

They have a lot of modifications to buy for them. Finding one will be easy. Getting power out of them will be easy. Now I wouldn't say CHEAP though they aren't expensive engines either.

SR20 has impressed me with it's power output for a little 2L 4 cylinder engine.

sr20 i think would be a better option straight up u spend 5 G's on one and u can make urself a fairly reliable 200 + Rwkws

and in a ke70 i think a standard sr20DET will be more than enough for a little Rolla

unless u want to do something more drastic like rb20 or 25 has that been done before in a Rolla

would be something to see

thanks for all your help every 1 i think i will go sr mainly for the fact there eiseir to get parts 4 and cheaper ... as 4 the rb20/25 i already thought about that but decided it was to front heavy for the car and there 4 it would be wierd to slide

also if any 1 has done the convertion could you please pm me with any helpfull hint or troubles they came across when doing the convertion .

cheers

thanks for all your help every 1 i think i will go sr mainly for the fact there eiseir to get parts 4 and cheaper ... as 4 the rb20/25 i already thought about that but decided it was to front heavy for the car and there 4 it would be wierd to slide

also if any 1 has done the convertion could you please pm me with any helpfull hint or troubles they came across when doing the convertion .

cheers

Hi mate, ive got an FJ20 in my ke30 and i know alot of guys who have the SR20 in their rollaz, they are both very evenly matched motors and will both keep you happy. The SR is probably the better choice for you as they are more common and easier to get parts for and their is alot of after market support for the SR, also the SR is alot smoother of a motor i reckon as my FJ can idle a little ruff but my cousins SR is so smooth and quiet. For out right power the FJ would require less mods to make big power, as the SR would need to be built tuff were the FJ already is . :nervous:

Edited by radrollaz

I think both motors have their advantages.

If you are chasing 500+ rwhp the FJ wins regardless.

sr20 has much more cheap parts available,

better head flow from factory,

alloy block- 25kg bare (should be lighter than fj)

Better factory balance.

FJ20 has very strong block,

much better valve actuation design,

stronger rods and pistons from factory,

best for crazy horsepower.