Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate :D

Its not quite as shiny as what it looks like on the pic, the flash on my phone made it look like that. The color is called Cast alloy, I'll take another pic tomorrow in natural light.

I think the reason you got fish eyes is because the air temp was hotter that the surface you were spraying. It could happen if your gearbox was cold then you bring it out in the sun or had a heater to dry it out.

Not sure then, as long as it looks good. You wont notice small inprefections when its installed in the car.

I took another pic thismorining but still looks way too shiny. Its a metalic silver but does not look like chrome.

I bought my mum a new digital camera for xmas, might borrow it for better pics in the future... he he.

Looks like my gearbox but you have already painted yours :)

I washed mine about 4 months ago and havent painted it yet, I have the paint but you know what it's like, What color did you use, I am using the aluminin that i used on my T50:

post-1373-1230285593_thumb.jpg

What a pain in the ass today proved!

Painted the intake manifold, wanted to take it off but too much stuff to remove.

Taped it up with newspaper and masking tape instead but that proved just as difficult ;)

Got it painted in the end.

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

Painted the thermostat housing and bought a new gasket because the old one had a crack in the rubber seals.

When i bought the new thermo it didn't come with the surround rubber so i opened up the 4ac one but the rubber was worse than the 4age one.

The gasket they gave me does not fit the housing either so couldn't put that back together.

The braided hose was driving me nuts! Try threading rubber hose through delicate steel knitted hose. It kept kinking and then to trim it i had to use my good scissors, made them go blunt and the bits of braid that were trimmed were falling into the opening of the pipes. Then to top it off i don't even really like the look of it. It might grow in me but I'll see how it goes.

DSC00219.jpg

I couldn't get right inside the intake manifold so i used the tip of WD40 can to squirt paint where i couldn't reach.

DSC00218.jpg

BAH please don't tell me you painted the inside of the intake manifold....

You don't know who could look in there..

Nah, just under the fuel rail i couldnt get to so hence the straw.

Edited by Johno

You don't know who could look in there..

Nah, just under the fuel rail i couldnt get to so hence the straw.

Ha you had me worried, As soon as any blowby encased with fuel got in contact with the throttle body and intake manifold you would of either had a sticking throttle or paint residue go thru your engine.

EDIT: Oh and your intake looks better than mine as i blasted mine and cleared it.

Edited by Trev