January 30, 200917 yr comment_312843 great weather for painting ATM, I painted my trailer ramps with 2 pac yesterday. (it was 44 degrees here yesterday). I was surprised 20 min they were dry enough to turn and paint the other side. keep us informed of the progress. Report
February 2, 200917 yr Author comment_313656 great weather for painting ATM, I painted my trailer ramps with 2 pac yesterday. (it was 44 degrees here yesterday). I was surprised 20 min they were dry enough to turn and paint the other side. keep us informed of the progress. I knew this pic would come in handy, It was about 45c on friday, Nearly 48 i my room! Report
February 2, 200917 yr Author comment_313659 Is it safe to remove these bars and roll the car around for painting?? Edited February 2, 200917 yr by Johno Report
February 2, 200917 yr comment_313709 Is it safe to remove these bars and roll the car around for painting?? I think they are just braces so the rack does not flex, it should be fine with no weight on the front. Report
February 2, 200917 yr Author comment_313780 I think they are just braces so the rack does not flex, it should be fine with no weight on the front. Its not braces for the steering rack. Its braces for the body. I been thinking it might be a small sway bar or something like that. Might be ok to take off, I just don't want to crack welds when i take it on the trailer and the bumps cause the car to twist. I might be over cautious but just want to make sure. Report
February 5, 200917 yr comment_315280 Why not much paint them with the car?!?! I realyl don't think it will hurt man... I had mine out for at least 10months (car wa sjust sitting tho) and no twisting happened! Report
February 5, 200917 yr comment_315285 so long as you don't have 2 fat bastards sitting on opposing corners, jumping up and down, i think you'll be alright. these cars are built such that the steel is no-where near the yeild stress, thus they're still within their elastic limits. even if you did get some sort of load on a corner, as there is no weight from the engine, the chassis will be fine. and you also need to consider the forces involved with fanging this car around the corners near your joint - the chassis is designed to take it. take them off, you'll be alright. Report
February 6, 200917 yr comment_315552 Their a brace to stop the control arms from flexing under cornering etc. More or less work in the same fashion as a strut brace on the struts or a rear wheel drive cross member with its control arms. If your just going to be pushing the body around the yard i can't really see any problems with taking it off. When you fit them back up make sure the car is on level ground and fit up the ends on the firewall first then the where the control arms are, then tighten them all. From memory Whiteline has a brace that fits between the arms Report
February 7, 200917 yr Author comment_315986 Cool, thanks guys! I'll take em off soon and finish the prep in the bay. Hope the next pic i post will be of the engine bay undercoated... Hopfully end of this week. If not, i might strip all the parts off the doors and prep them up. Edit. I have to really start moving with this a bit faster if i want my car finished before June. Edited February 7, 200917 yr by Johno Report
February 7, 200917 yr comment_316023 Cool, thanks guys! I'll take em off soon and finish the prep in the bay. Hope the next pic i post will be of the engine bay undercoated... Hopfully end of this week. If not, i might strip all the parts off the doors and prep them up. Edit. I have to really start moving with this a bit faster if i want my car finished before June. Now is the time a few more weeks and the season will change not much fun painting in the rain. hope that gets you motivated or I will send pics of my project, that will get you motivated. Report
February 8, 200917 yr Author comment_316147 Now is the time a few more weeks and the season will change not much fun painting in the rain.hope that gets you motivated or I will send pics of my project, that will get you motivated. Your right, I only got about a month to do it :yes: Got me some more parts today. Pics taken with my new camera phone. Genie Extractors and twinky fuel tank with pump. Couldnt get the fuel lines sadly. Report
February 9, 200917 yr Author comment_316483 Cleaned up the badge. . I tried Silvo, cut and polish, metal shine, cream clenser and ajax. None worked so I used a drill with wire wheel. Report
February 10, 200917 yr comment_316808 Ever considered building a blasting cabinet? I have built one. it is agricultural but works OK. Report
February 10, 200917 yr Author comment_316892 .....and you just brushed off all the chrome!! :cool: Yes sadly ;) , I might paint it with some chrome engine paint but I might just see if I can get another one off ebay or something. It was pretty smeged before anyway. :hmm: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now