Odd Yet Mind Blowing Food Combinations

Ok, results are in. (by the way, des, you're a huge flaming bogan)

From a possible score of ten, the benchmark being butterscotch schnapps.

Drambuie - 5 (too smoky in flavour)

Hennessey - 6 (not bad... )

VSOP Brandy - 3 (eeeuuch)

Strawberry schnapps - 7 (pretty good... rated by the gf as I'm not into strawberry)

Peppermint schapps - 8 (interesting, like you've been punched in the teeth by an angry overrated royale biscuit)

Grey Goose vokda - 5 (alcoholic chocolate, no more no less)

Cointreau - 9 (yum! Mrs Shades required several tastings of this one to confirm her findings)

Kahlua - 9 (divine)

Baileys - 8 (too soft)

Amarula - 9.5 (very close to the schnapps in tastiness, but in a different way)

Frangelico - 9 (I rated it 8 but Mrs shades has it dead even with the butterscotch so we're compromising)

Three packets of TT's later, and don't I feel like arse this morning. Not so much from the booze, more so the chocolate.

oooh there's some odd noises coming from downstairs. Time to grab a magazine and head for the small room....

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, last time her and her friends were here getting drunk and eating chocolate, I was banished to the shed.

nonono, my girlfriend, its giving her ideas :)

I find it somewhat amusing that people have always felt guilty about buying and consuming chocolate for weight/health/indulgence reasons, and now that we find out about child labour cacao the guilt must be phenomenal

Going off topic here, but what about nike shoes etc there's not much guilt there....

Now where's my toblerone flavoured coffee

Edited by towe001

Shades, people have been given PhD's for less research. Well done.

Guilt? Nope. Guilt free chocolate eater here. :)

Oh to be banished to the shed.......... I might actually get something done!!

Edited by Redwarf

All in all Ex's are just plain weird. I don't think any strange, weird, wacko, left-field food combo's can beat the strange wacko-ness of an ex.

As a side note - I'm a die hard vegan and i love to have meat mixed in with my veg. As long as it doesn't bleed on on my plate and it doesn't go "cheep" i'm all happy and dandy

I'm a die hard Carnivore :hmm:

People that undercook meat should be ashamed of ones self. It's bad for your health and you can pick up more health problems than on a saturday night in St Kilda. Another strange combo i found was those little frankfurts with that hardening ice cream chocolate sauce.. When your bored its quite a sensation

As a side note - I'm a die hard vegan and i love to have meat mixed in with my veg. As long as it doesn't bleed on on my plate and it doesn't go "cheep" i'm all happy and dandy

oooh you wouldn't have liked me at the RC dinner the other night then... I like my steak rare... like, cut off its horns, wipe its arse and slap it on the plate rare :hmm:

I once thought that becuase i like Vegimite and i like Nutella i should try them together... NEVER AGAIN... its up there with bruching your teeth then drinking orange joice.

One i do like is Chicken and Peanut butter sandwiches.

Galiana and Coffee is a gooden

Vegamite in ya gravy is a pure lust.

If you like Picnic bars, try a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich .. oh yeah.

... toast it for a pure greasy fest.

garlic salt on chips is quite tasty too.

BUT my fav... dunkin my maccas fries into a maccas thick shack ... oh yeah baby.

:hmm: