Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys,

With the help of a mate today I fitted the headlining, sunvisors, pinchweld, fuel filler etc, and painted the front of the dash. It was quite a slow process getting the headliner to sit right but I'm pretty damn happy with the result now.

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0575.jpg

• Upvote 1

it looks great......... yeh.............

paint job seems to be very clean and the upholstery also looks great.......

love it.... keep it up :y: :y: :y:

Thanks mate, keen to see yours come together too!

Today I raided Centre Rd wreckers for a heap of nuts/bolts and clips that I needed, all those little things that have been misplaced over the past 4 years! I have cleaned them all up and painted them so they are ready to fit. Ideally one day I'd like to have a heap of stainless bolts but that can come later on when funds permit.

I also started making up a new parcel shelf and boot divider, but spent a bit of time trimming and re-fitting because although I had an old one to use as a template it was a bit damaged so some of the dimensions were askew. Now I just need to trim them with vinyl/wadding and then I can fit them to the car and put in the screens.

Marking up the MDF before cutting;

IMAG0576.jpg

Cut and painted;

IMAG0578.jpg

What I will trim them with;

IMAG0580.jpg

Hey guys,

The other night I trimmed the parcel shelf and boot divider, pretty happy with the results.

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

Unfortunately I will be away on Holidays next week, time to get stuck in again next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey yeah sorry I haven't updated.

Last weekend I cleaned up the dash and put it back together as well as the screens. Once again I am thankful for the help of a mate, i couldn't have done it alone! Rear screen was a breeze but the front was a pain in the arse, we had to pull it out twice and re-do it. I think the Rarespares rubber is a bit small and visually it's not great either.

Today I put in the locking strip around the screen too, my fingers are rooted from it!

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0638.jpg

Thanks mate, keen to get it all together now!

I had a little thought the other day; as of two weeks ago this car has seen 4 girlfriends come and go lol, I should have given the car more love instead! :P

Seriously though, I'm bloody stoked with the classic car scene atm, last Monday I was out photographing and driving my mates Corona with an 18RG. What a note! Also my mate has just bought a 1975 911 Targa from the US. I'm loving getting out and amoungst these cars, just gotta get mine together now. People who own new cars just don't get it!