Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

Members dont see this ad

The damage;

523730_10151563245507067_1427873560_n.jpg

425618_10151563243237067_1599485635_n.jpg

My chosen repairer has quoted Shannon's $4,000 for the work, he said the bent boot floor is the main reason for this. I'm sure his job will be of top quality, I'm just worried about whether the other driver's insurance company will give us grief or not... Man this sucks. I know it hasn't been on the road long, but I really miss driving it particularly with the nice new exhaust note :/

On a positive note I scored this for a bargain;

425600_10151564921902067_112633526_n.jpg

Goes pretty well with an SC14 ;)

Plans;

> Fit HD clutch (current one slips as soon as you make any boost)

>Overhaul brakes with new EBC reds/rotors/wheel bearings

>RWC

>15x8 gold meshies

>Coilovers

>Hillclimbs/Motokahna/Hills fun

I'm going to get stuck in over the next few weeks off work, try to take my mind off the KE20 damage!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have sourced a new tail light and surround for the car and dropped it down to the panel beaters the other day. They are powering through the work and think it will be painted by the end of next week! :D

The bumper re-conditioners are still closed and so that is likely to hold things up. If I can source another bar they suggested I use that whilst they are getting the old bar repaired (the rest of the chrome is m-int on my bar).

I will post up some pics of the repair when I get them from my brother, we saw them pulling the rear end straight through the bumper anchor points, cool stuff!

I have been working hard on the MR in the meantime and it now has a new clutch and the brakes have been over-hauled. I will start a thread for it fairly soon but the general idea will be a club motorsport/fun car rather than a neat streeter (the paint is not perfect).

Cheers,

Dougal

Hey guys,

I'd just like to say thanks to anyone who voted for my car in COTY. it is really humbling to be put alongside some of the previous winners that are of such a high standard.

Seriously stoked! :)

I hope to improve the car further over the coming year and do a few more things to make the car stand out/a little more unique.

Cheers,

Dougal

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, I'm pretty happy!

Got the car back Friday and they did a pretty good job, my bar isn't done yet so kindly Dave (TE278U) lent me one of his for the weekend. Cheers mate!

A group of us then went for a driving weekend up to Myrtleford and had a blast! I surprised a few of them with what you can do with a stock 3k too! :P

Seriously keen to get my 5k happening soon and also some more brake/suspension mods, I chewed the outers of the front tyres a bit due to lack of camber!

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03532.jpg

• Upvote 1