My Ca18de Into Ke30 Conversion

lloydske70

Hey guys i recently blew a head gasket in my 3tc powered ke30 so i pulled the 3tc out the other day striped the interior back to nothing cashed in the rego and purchased a ca18de with gearbox, ecu and loom with 200 000 ks for $300 buks

100_1436.jpg

First step was to make engine and gearbox mounts. sat the engine in there lined stuff and made some mounts on the engine side using stock corolla rubbers (s*#t) and i had to cut gearbox tunnel for shifter to pop up right in front of seat rail.

100_1530.jpg100_1528.jpg100_1461.jpg

100_1524.jpg100_1536.jpg

Second step was to sort out fuel delivery so i purchased a r32 rb20 pump, vl fuel pump, stainless surge tank,6 meters of fuel line, clamps and filters.I used the r32 pump as a in tank pick up pump. Then i used the vl pump to pump out of the surge tank to the engine with the fuel line i ran forward and i used the stock line as a return line to the surge tank.

100_1419.jpg100_1474.jpg100_1476.jpg

100_1534.jpg

Third step was wiring pretty straight forward just had to hook up a fuel pump relay and a relay to turn ecu on when ignition turns on and hook up some wires for reverse lights, mount the ecu hook up couple of earths and tacho wire.

100_1600.jpg100_1529.jpg100_1610.jpg

100_1487.jpg100_1518.jpg

Fourth step was to hook up s14 radiator made up some 3mm plate brackets then went and got some flexible radiator hose and some steel pipe as a joiner.

100_1606.jpg100_1601.jpg100_1605.jpg

100_1609.jpg

Sixth step went to wrecker and got an old datto tail shaft took the yoke off and put the yoke it on the rolla uni joint. Then i got the tail shaft shortened 105mm.

Seventh step ground all coil seats and brakets off diff housing welded on new mounts welded the center up and put back in with 1 hilux leaf fliped onto of each leaf pack.

100_1523.jpg

Edited by lloydske70

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

thats awesome mate,

you running a standard rolla diff with a weldy?

you did an awesome job at basky, JP style manji of the straight :wink:

how does the ca18de compare to a 4age? more torque i guess

keep it going man, :lolcry:

I have wanted to do this for ages where did you get the engine mounts made??? And how much?

I used the stock corolla engine rubbers and made my own engine mounts on the engine not the x member, just sat engine in the engine bay with block and tackle, then lined up the plates for the mounts then tacked them pulled it out and welded them up.

Nice work mate. :rocknroll:

You did a pretty good job at basky I see and here!! Daim was like "you should have seen this 14 YO driving a 55" :y:

Gimme a buzz when you do the pintara diff thing, as I'll take the T series off your hands! :jamie:

electronic speedo drivers just screw onto the mount where the cable would normally screw on. i reckon it would have screwed right on with out any mods.

if you going to the trouble of putting a pintara center in atleast change the center and axles to skyline.

would be easier to just pick up a skyline diff. pintara are 25 spline 2 pinion and weaksauce. skyline are 28spline 4 pinion and i've seen em handle 411kw's with only a minispool.

Are you going to do more panel beating, or leave the "fully sik bro" drift damage? Should post some pics for giggles. How to set up an early Corolla for drift info would be good too. Check the sealing of your petrol cap, I suspect it may be leaking. :hmm:

love the conversion, looks very neat.

always love a bit of DIY.

does the CA gearbox run a electric speedo drive?

is there anyway to make them work with the original dash, like using a different mechanical speedo drive?

Use a pintara speedo drive they are mechanical rather then elec all i used